Mother knows best

Evie rose:
When dad did find out he was a little mad but he seemed to calm down a little after grandma had a word with him. That means I'm going to be a big sister! I actually can't wait. But I always end up thinking of owning a dog everyday,I can't seem to get it off my mind,me and mum argued again tonight,I heard her and dad arguing when I went to bed. All these arguments.
The next few weeks went by pretty fast and pretty much the same. School was the same old repetitive order and at home arguments would form,mostly about the baby but some about dogs too. Grandma went into hospital after a fall so tomorrow we're babysitting jasper until grandmas recovered!! That means I get to see what its like to finally own a dog.
But it wasn't as it seemed,on Tuesday night jasper was dropped off by grandmas brother and things weren't going to plan.jasper was lazy,he slept all day,the only movement he made was to eat or drink or go to the toilet outside,he became sad and whined a lot. Mum said it was because he was missing grandma.dogs form very strong bonds with their owners and often when their away from them for a long period of time they become upset and their anxiety increases. Jasper only trusts grandma, we have to feed him special food to help him keep healthy as he doesn't exercise much.i took him down to see the sheep once,he seemed to like the sheep,especially bonnie the oldest ewe we have,jasper and Bonnie have met before,that's why they get along well.I guess.

Darcy:
I'm still living at the same house,but I don't depend on mother anymore.i can fend for myself,Roman went to live with a man and his young son,they live all the way in Wales,that's a long way.Mother says so.
I was on my own,and I asked mum why I haven't been sold yet.mother said it was because the owners have chosen to keep me for a while,they want to make sure I go to the best home that there is,mother says that I could be a champion,that I'm prizewinning. That made me feel special. I sleep on the sofa now,in Ellie's living room with Ally the parrot,she's very loud especially in the morning,mother sleeps on Ellie's bed at night,I'm not allowed to do that though.
Ellie says she's taking me to a place called a vets today,mother says that I should be brave. I'm brave,this vet place sounds scary whatever it is. So when Ellie picked up a carrier and put a slip on white lead round my neck,I freaked out.
What is this white thing around my neck pulling me about?! Why is it taking control of me? I'm only 12 weeks old!
Ellie put me in this thing called a car,it was strange and made a soft humming sound and it moved very fast. We stopped at a medium sized building and I was in my carrier huddled in the corner when she carried me into a weird smelling room,other dogs were there!! A white dog with brown fur and silky ears panted heavily at me "eh up young un here for your jabs?" He whispered "jabs" I asked confused "it stops you getting diseases,good for you mate" he whistled as he was called into a small room with his owner.a man sat next to me breathing deeply and grunting with his dribbling bulldog who kept giving me dirty glares, a strange animal with small sticky up ears and whiskers and a straight tail hissed at me with its back arched.maybe it wants to play with me. Then Ellie walked me into a room that had turquoise walls and a white tiled floor with a metal table in the middle of the room,a computer and desk was in the corner of the room and a man with a light turquoise outfit stood before me "so this blossoms 2nd litter" I heard them speaking "yes,we're keeping this one back,she has a good chance to win competitions" Ellie beamed,"she is definitely a beauty,has she got a name?" He grinned "yes we've named her Darcy" Ellie smiled. Then the man had this sharp object in his hand and he put it in my neck,it didn't hurt very much,it just twanged.ellie said it was called an injection.i don't like injections.