Promises

Evie-rose:
Well that's the shopping done,now we are walking back towards the car with a whole shop full of supplies,Darcy walking beside us and dad nattering on about keeping everything clean and when I'm brushing her not to out the fur on the carpet.i got in the car feeling un real,I feel like I'm in a dream.i pinched myself to make sure i was definitely actually here with my own dog and I was,I couldn't stop smiling or stroking Darcy. "Let's get Darcy home,she'll probably be a bit scared,she will have to settle in and get used to us." Mum told me."yes,I can't wait.thanks so much you two"'I beamed.
"We'll seems as your mums having another child,we didn't want you to feel left out plus you've been asking for a dog for years,so here you are.look at you.never thought you'd get a dog as nice as that would you Evie?" Dad winked "most certainly not,she's the best dog ever dad.and the most beautiful.she's the dog of my dreams I can't believe she's actually mine" I told dad whilst snuggling into Darcy,s thick soft fur. Dad beamed at me from the mirror and mum put her hand out and began stroking Darcy. Darcy had got a bit over excited and jumped over the back seats so she's now all snuggled up on my lap and staring up at me with her soft brown eyes that could melt even the stoniest of hearts.

We pulled into the small country lane and had to slow down as a rabbit was sat in the road,Darcy was asleep.we then drove up our long driveway and towards the brightly lit stone farm house,the front garden had freshly cut neat grass and flowers dotted all over,the run dad had made was laid along the side of the house in the yard.the yard has peppblesmln the floor and its where dad parks all the cars and farm vehicles,the yard also leads to the fields we own.in fact if I'm allowed I might ask mum and dad if I can turn the small field into Darcy's training area.mum had got out and was closing the wooden gates,dad stopped the car and let mum back in.then he drove up into the yard and parked the car.we unloaded the bags and I brought Darcy into the house."this is your new home now Darcy,you'll live here for the rest of your life,don't worry it's gonna be great fun" I told her as we laid her bed in the living room,set her bowls out in the kitchen and emptied her toys out into a basket mum had found.i went upstairs and into my room and put Darcy's lead,coat and harness on the hook behind my door.i heard a soft whining noise coming from downstairs.there was Darcy stood at the bottom of the stairs whining to get up to me.thats something she's going to have to work on.climbing stairs because she'd grown up in a bungalow and bungalows don't have a top floor or stairs.