It takes time

Evie rose:
I couldn't believe it,I've been waiting for this moment my whole life,to get told a dog is actually mine to keep.
I rushed upto Darcy and hugged her tightly,she wagged her tail and licked my hands gently.then she jumped on the sofa next to mum and dad and snuggled up to me whilst the lady began telling us facts and information about her.
Darcy fact file:
Favourite food-meat preferably,enjoys small snacks and bones to gnaw on
Favourite toys-frisbees,bouncy balls,squeaky toys,tug of war rope,pull along stuffed animals to chase.
Dislikes:thunder storms,dry biscuits,spongy balls,tight harnesses,swimming.
Age:9 months
Breed:rough collie ,tri-colour.
The lady Recommends that we show her,has high hopes in showing business.

When the lady had told us everything,she said her goodbyes and we walked out towards the car,Darcy looked back at the house un certain why her previous owner wasn't with her,but she jumped into the car eagerly and sat with her head over the back seats with her tongue lolling out. "Right lets go dog shopping"dad said happily,they were just as excited as i was."so now you've got a dog,you must take care of her and not leave her alone with me all the time,this is your dog Evie,Darcy must learn to obey you.this is your responsibility" mum told me as we began driving towards town.
At first Darcy was wearing a leather collar with a chain part on it,the lead was also leather.the lady had also given us her food,toys and brushing equipment along with instructions on how to brush her.

We eventually pulled up in the town centre,"let's go" mum squealed punching the air enthusiastically. "Do I leave Darcy in the car or not?" I asked mum and dad "it's your dog you decide" dad said as he shook the keys waiting for me to decide.i decided to take her with me,she'll have to get used to me anyway and if I leave her in the car she'll get hot and bothered that she's left on her own.i walked Darcy down the street,she pulled ahead desperately to explore the new scents down the path.i had looked up everything about dogs so i knew how to train a dog not to pull,I pulled her lead back sharply and told her no.then I told her to heel.this means that her front legs are level with mine,she should be walking beside me. Luckily enough for me,Darcy was lead trained,she was just excited.we went to the paw printz pet shop,it's a huge store full of pet care equipment,pet food,pet bedding,pet collars,leads and harnesses. Mum gave me my purse,"here misses,bought this with me,I knew you'd be needing it,me and your dad will boy and
Few things too"mum whispered as dad examined some dog beds. The first thing in the checklist mum had written was in fact a bed. Then food,then a coat of some kind,collar,harness,lead,treats,food and drink bowl and toys and of course training equipment. We browsed the isle looking for a bed that she wouldn't grow out of.ellie the previous owner had said that she used to sleep on a sofa,so we bought a dog bed that was quite large,it was beige with golden swirls and it looked like a miniature sofa just for a dog,we choose that one.then we bought some food that Ellie had suggested.next we wandered down the cost Isle.we met another couple with a dog as well.they had a border collie yapping excitedly at Darcy who was stood by my side looking up at me as if she was asking if she was allowed to approach the other dog.the man said that Darcy was a very nice dog and the lady asked if I took her to dogs shows so I explained that I'd only just got her and that I might enter into some shows.we were looking for a waterproof coat for rainy days when dad found it.
a waterproof coat that was the same colour as the bed,beige and gold.i chose that coat because the others were bit plain and boring.next was a collar,we found a collar that was again beige with gold swirls and a metal gold tag waiting to have a name engraved in it,we had no problem finding the matching lead and harness.i think this gold and beige design is a set or something.we bought new food and water bowls and a new grooming kit with shampoos and conditioners for washing her with.we walked down the toy Isle and Darcy became really interested in a squeaky toy and she bought it over to me as if she wanted me to buy it.bless her.i picked up a baby blue and pale pink jingly ball then a small one to play fetch with and a bigger one for her to roll around and chase. Then a neon green,bright sky blue, purple and white tug toy caught my eye,Darcy would love that. Mum saw a tug along sheep that Darcy could chase around,that'd keep her busy wouldn't it? then we bought some small jumps and agility poles with a small plank. It was a agility course set.
There was even a treadmill especially for dogs and mum and dad paid for that,I paid for the rest of the things.it was very expensive.i asked mum how long it'll take for Darcy to settle in and get used to me.mum answered. "It'll take time"she smiled softly.