Chapter 7

Enzo Romano

It is currently 5 am and I can't sleep, I keep thinking about last night. How she just snuck out like that. I get up and make my way to Angela's room.

I knock on the door and Gio opens, of course he is with her. We all saw that one coming. 'I need to talk to her.' I say to Gio.

'I know what happend, Angela told me all about it, but it's 5 am Enzo. Go to bed.' Gio says. This makes me mad. 'You and Angela are my friends, but also my employees, this is a work matter, so go get Angela for me Gio and don't let me tell you twice.' I am irritated, it's a long night and I need answers.

Angela comes to the door, she looks very tired and hangover.
——————
Angela and I sit downstairs, around the kitchen counter. 'Tell me everything.'
Angela starts explaining: 'it was all my idea, she mentioned that she never went to a club before.' 'We took a lot of shots and then...' Angela sighs.

'What? What happened then?' I need more answers and details.
'She needed to use the restroom, I payed in the meantime.' 'It took long, so I went to check and...' she pauses. 'And what Angela?' 'I think it's best she tells you.' 'Angela, you are going to tell me now, I am losing my mind here.' 'By the way, Victoria won't tell me so you will.'

'Okay fine,' she sighs, 'I saw her getting touched by a man.' I can't believe it. I just can't.  'I don't know what to do.' I state. 'Enzo, give her time, she was assaulted this isn't easy for her, you just need to be there for her.' Angela gives me her advice.
—————
After I talked to Angela, we both went to bed. I see Victoria sleeping so peacefully. Something happened and I wasn't there for her, it kills me more then it should. I put on sweatpants, it's too hot outside, I am not going to wear a shirt.

I lay next to her, I hear her breathing it instantly calmed me. I hate it, I hate that she affects me, even if I know her for only a few weeks I don't care, I hate it.

My hands snake around her waist and I pull her closer to me. God, the way her hair smells, the way she smells has me mesmerised. 
_______

Victoria Romano

I wake up and see Enzo sleeping next to me, everything is a mess. The kiss was just wrong and embarrassing and than I fuck op so bad by going to a club while being married and now my husband is mad at me. I hate this, I didn't ask for any of it.

I go to the bathroom, a shower will help. Everything is so weird it's a fucked up situation. I step out and get dressed. I literally have the best outfits u can imagine.

Oh shit, I did something dumb, I posted photos of me on insta. The photos Angela took of me are nice but I just can't for many reasons. That was so dumb, I have to delete them. But would Enzo even see it? I doubt he has instagram.

I do my twelve step skin care routine, I really want te apply make up, but I think my skin needs rest. No, make up is not the problem why my skin breaks out, I hope.

I walk out and see Enzo sitting on the bed. 'I want to sleep in the guest room Enzo.' I say breaking the silence while breaking his heart. I see the hurt in his eyes but he covers it up quickly. 'Yeah, I'll take care of it.' He sighs.

I have no words for him, I want to say that I'm sorry but am I? I went to a club, I didn't go to a warehouse of one of his enemies. He is clearly overreacting, but I still feel like I'm sitting in this pile of guilt and I can't escape from it.