SEVEN

[WORD COUNT: 3

[WORD COUNT: 3.2k]

'desperate is an understatement when it comes to needing you'

▹ ◃

Throughout the course of the night, Peter had awoken several times to the sound of the wind gushing outside the window. The storm was yet to ease a little, and so were Peter's nerves. He should have been out there tonight, looking out for people who might have been in danger due to the damage, but instead, he was inside getting his dick wet. Literally. Eventually, the insomniac inside Peter won him over, and he was slowly lifting himself off of your rising stomach.

You looked so peaceful, even in the dark, your chest slightly exposed where the blanket had slid down your body due to Peter's constant movement. He took a moment to admire you, hair sprawled out over your shoulder and your leggings wearing the indent of his body where he had been laying, while your naked chest lay exposed in the subtle moonlight. His heart raced in his chest as he watched you flinch a little, adjusting to the comfort of his weight disappearing from between your legs. Peter pulled the blanket up your body, shushing you gently back to sleep while he manoeuvred his way around you and off the couch.

What was an abundant emotion inside Peter's head had somewhat slowly come back into the light after meeting you. He knew now that you were a part of his significant life, not the life he pushed aside. You were in the foreground along with the very few people he trusted. Although he was still warming up to you it was obvious there was something else there for you that he shared. It wasn't loving, it wasn't a crush or anything of the sort. You were a friend, a close friend albeit, but you meant something now and he couldn't ignore that.

Although wanting to stay mushed into your skin for the rest of the night and ignore the treacherous duties that sat out for him in the city, he managed to gradually pull himself away and head across the length of his small apartment to change. He knew he'd have to be careful with you around, of course, Ned knew about his secret identity, but Peter wasn't sure whether or not he wanted you to discover what he was hiding. It was going to be hard with the ordeal... But would you knowing even be a good thing? Would that just put you in danger? Just like everyone else?

Slipping into the darkness of his bedroom where Ned was sleeping soundly, he tiptoed his way around the room, quietly and subtly changing into his suit, neatly folding his clothes in a pile and leaving them on the bedside table. Picking up a pen from his nightstand and a notepad from his desk, he scribbled down a note mentioning to Ned not to panic that he would be gone in the morning, and to tell you that he had to run an errand somewhere. Ned would understand his situation, or so he hoped. Leaving the note propped up against his laptop, he ventured over to the window, scooting the frame to widen and slipped out onto the balcony.

There was a harsh breeze in the air and the fine rain that followed was discomforting, soaking through the material of his suit. Karen was already stringing together weather reports and warnings from the local news stations, giving him information on where accidents may have occurred around the city. There seemed to be nothing major or nothing that the police couldn't handle as Mr Stark may have put it, but he was sure he wanted to help.