Chapter 4

"But its a trick." Clint exclaims from across of me. I am currently sat in-between Thor and Steve. Its been about an hour since the party was over and it was now just the avengers, Maria, Helen and i sat in the living area, playing cards and eating Chinese. I have been to enough of Tony's parties to know that the food is amazing but just never enough, its always been a tradition now to order a bunch of food after. We all sit around and eat our weight in Chinese food, the best part of these parties, in my opinion.

"Oh, no. Its much more than that." Thor speaks about his hammer., which was currently sat on top of the table in the middle of all of us.

"Uh, "Whosoever be he worthy shall haveth the powerr!" Whatever man! Its a trick." I laugh at clints impression. He looks over at me with a smile before looking back to thor.

"Well please, be my guest." Thor says throwing his arms up at him. I look at steve, trying not to laugh before looking to clint with a pointed look.  He's never one to back down from a challenge.

"Come on." I hear tony shout, hyping him up.

"Really?" Clint asks while playing with his drum sticks, which i have zero clue where he got them from. I see thor nod his head happily to him. Clint tosses the sticks to the couch before jumping up.

"You got this, old man." I shout to him clapping excitedly as Rhodey says " Oh this is gonna be beautiful."

"Clint, you've had a tough week, we wont hold it against you if you cant get it up" Tony says making everyone laugh. Clint smiles before stretching out his arms.

"You know i've seen this before, right?" Clint says looking to thor before getting a good grip onto the hammer and pulls hard. He stops after a minute and laughs "I still don't know how you do it." 

"Smell the silent judgement?" Tony asks sitting up.

"Please, stark, by all means" Clint says holding his hands up. I raise my hand out to him to which he high fives back. He messes my hair up before walking back to his seat. I glare at his back as he walks away and fix my hair. Tony gets up and  unbuttons his suit top as he walks over to the hammer.

"Oh, here we go" I hear Nat say. I lean slightly against Thor and shake my head. These people are crazy.

"Never one to shrink from an honest challenge." Tony says smirking at all of us.

"Get after it." Clint says leaning back smugly.

"Its physics." Tony says making me look around confused. 

"Oh right, physics he says." I say mockingly causing thor to let out a booming laugh. Stark gets a good grip on the hammer.

"Right, so if i lift it, i then rule asgard?" Tony asks looking to thor.

"Yes of course." Thor says nodding proudly.

"I will be re-instituting Prima Nocta." Tony says before attempting to lift the hammer up and fails. "Ill be right back" He says before fastly walking to his lab. We all look at each other confused before we hear his stomping back to us, with of course his armored hand on. He walks back to the table and tries to lift it again. He stops trying again before sending a look to Rhodey. Rhodey sighs before jumping up and runs to the lab quickly, before running back, with surprise, surprise, His armored hand. He gets back to us and gets a strong grip on the hammer above tony's and they both start to pull. I cover my mouth to try to stop me from laughing so loudly and hide behind thor's arm, who is laughing as well.

"Are you even pulling?" Rhodey asks tony while sounding tried.

"Are you on my team?" Tony questions back looking at him crazily.