Chapter 5

"All our work is gone. Ultron cleared out, used the internet as an escape hatch." Bruce says to us after we all have gathered into the lab. Clint had to basically carry me in here as i didn't have shoes on and i had stepped on a whole bunch of glass. I was now sat on a random table to the side with tweezers picking out glasses pieces from my feet. Which isn't going well seeing as i wince every time i pull a piece out, and not even from the pain, mainly because it just grosses me out.

"He's been in everything. Files, surveillance. Probably knows more about us then we know about each other." Nat says leaning against the wall. Bruce sighs and rubs his hands over his eyes before walking over to me, takes the tweezers out of my hands and pulls out a chair in front of me. I smile in appreciation as he grabs my feet and begins pulling out more glass. 

"He's in your files, he's in the internet. What if he decides to access something a little more exciting?" Rhodey asks pacing the room. I bite at my fingernails and look around. 

"Nuclear codes?" Maria hill questions while also picking out glass from her feet. She was sat over to the side dressed in a beautiful red dress, with Steve's jacket draped over her. I look over at her before looking to Steve, who seemed to also be pacing.

"Nuclear? Look, we need to make some calls, assuming we still can." Rhodey states while looking around to all of us. I look down and pick at the end of my jacket, or well Tony's jacket. He was nice enough to pass it to me when we got in here.

"Nukes? He said he wanted us dead." Nat says making all heads turn to her. 

"He didn't say dead. He said extinct." Steve says pointedly, leaning against a desk.

"He also said he killed somebody?" I says questionably looking from Steve to tony.

"But there wasn't anyone else in the building." Maria answers sitting up straighter. Thank god for that.

"Yes there was." Tony says with a sigh before pulling up a jumbled 3d image of Jarvis, or what was Jarvis, now it looked...well destroyed. I let out a nervous breathe. Not Jarvis. Bruce places my foot down before standing up and walks over to tony. "This is insane" He says looking to us with sadness.

"Jarvis was the first line of defense. He would've shut Ultron down, it makes sense." Steve says crossing his arms.

"No, Ultron could've assimilated Jarvis. This isn't strategy, this is....rage." Bruce states messing with the yellow jumbled up mess. Our heads all turn when the door slams open and Thor barges in, stomping up to tony and grabs him by the throat and holds him against the wall. I sigh and place my head in my hands. This isn't gonna solve anything.

"Woah, woah, woah. Its going around." I hear Clint say. I look up and look over to Nat, who just tells me to breathe. I nod and close my eyes for a minute to get myself together.

"Come on. Use your words buddy." Tony says struggling against him.

"I have more then enough words to describe you, stark." Thor says holding him up higher. I sigh before jumping down softly to the ground and cross my arms, leaning back onto the table.

"Thor! The legionnaire?" I shout growing tired and having a slight headache. Thor sighs and lets tony go before turning back to us.

"Trail went cold about a hundred miles out but its headed north, and it has the scepter. Now we have to retrieve it, again." Thor says glaring at tony before stomping over to stand beside me.

"The genies out of that bottle. Clear and present is Ultron." Nat says while coming over and sits down on the chair next to me.

" I don't understand. You built this program, why is it trying to kill us?" Helen asks from the corner she was in. Tony starts to laugh and turns to us. I see Bruce shaking his head at him, trying to get him to stop.

"You think this is funny?" Thor questions angerly.

"No. Its probably not, right? Is this very terrible? Is it so...is it soo..It is. Its so terrible." Tony says sounding kind of like a lunatic. I sigh and rub my forehead.

"This could've been avoided if you hadn't played with something you don't understand." says Thor while stepping out towards him a bit.

"No, I'm sorry. I'm sorry. It is funny. Its a hoot that you don't get why we need this." Tony says sound very mad. 

"Tony, maybe this might not be the time to-" Bruce begins to say before tony interrupts him with "Really!? That's it? You roll over, show your belly, every time somebody snarls?" 

"Only when I've created a murder bot." Bruce answers rubbing his face.

"We didn't. We weren't even close. Were we close to an interface?" Tony asks Bruce throwing his arm up. Bruce nods his head quickly causing tony to give him a look.

"Well you did something right. And you did it right here. The avengers were supposed to be different then shield." Steve states to them. Tony waves his hand at him before turning around.

"Anybody remember when i carried a nuke through a wormhole? Saved New York?" Tony questions looking at us. Rhodey scoffs and shakes his head before saying "Nope, never came up." 

"Recall that? A hostile alien army came charging through a hole in space. We're standing three hundred feet below it. We're the Avengers. We can bust arms dealers all the live long day, but, that up there? That's... that's the end game. How were you guys planning on beating that?" Tony says wildly and takes a deep breath. I tilt my head, and look around the room before taking a deep breath as well and say
"Together." Steve looks back to me with a slight smile, like i took his thought. Tony however looks at me with worried eyes.

" We'll lose." He says with sad eyes. I look at him with sad eyes as well.

"Then we'll do that together too." Steve says while turning to look at tony who pauses for a moment before turning away. Steve continues "Thor's right. Ultron is calling us out. And id like to find him before he's ready for us. The worlds a big place. Let start making it smaller." Steve says in his speech sounding voice. I smile softly and look down. I hear several footsteps echoing away from the room and sigh. Whelp this party was a bust. I look up to see almost everybody has the left the room, besides Bruce, Nat, Clint and Maria, who was busy making sure all the glass was out of her foot, Speaking of feet, mine were killing me. I take a breath before turning away and begin to walk, or more like hop or more like wobble, to the door when a hand grabs my elbow and stops me.

"Where ya going kid, I need to make sure your feet is okay." I turn to look at a Bruce and bite my lip. 

"I figured i would just wash the rest off in the shower." I say while shrugging. He gives me a pointed look before nodding his head over to the table. I sigh before gently walking to the table and hop up on to it. He slides on his roller chair in front of me with his tweezers and begins on my feet again. I lean my head back against the wall and close my eyes. How did this even happen? How did we even let this happen?

"Hey, you okay?" I hear Bruce question patting his hand on my knee and sits up straight. I shrug and open my eyes to look at him. 

"Are you?" I throw back to him raising  my eyebrows. He laughs slightly and mimics me with a shrug. I sigh and play with my hands. 

"Remember what i said, its good to speak your feelings rather then keep them in." Bruce says in his soft therapist voice. I bite my lip and nod.

"You know I'm honestly just not good about that, plus my brain has been through a lot of things tonight." I tell him to which he nods.

"Well just know, even with all of this." He says while throwing his hands around "Just remember we are all still here to listen." He says placing his hand out for me to grab. I breathe in and nod before grabbing his hand and jumping off of the table carefully. I smile and grab him into a big hug. 

I grab my shoes off of the floor and softly walk out of the lab and over to the elevator. I walk in and lean back against the wall. 

And this is exactly why i told Nat i don't like parties.