Chapter 7

I turn the corner quick in order to catch up to Maria and Steve, who i was supposed to meet up with, but of course, my alarm clock decides to not work today, that will be the last time i trust anything that has glitter in it and plays music.

"Only when engaged. Mostly, the guy left in a fugue state going on about old memories, worst fears, and something too fast to see." Maria tells him answering a question i missed when i ran to grab my tablet. I run over to them quickly and carefully, watching the glass on the ground, thankfully i have shoes on today.

"Maximoff's. Well, that makes sense he'd go to them, they have something in common." Steve says. I quickly speed up with my tablet already loaded and jumped in the middle of them.

"Not anymore." I state while throwing my tablet up and over to Steve. I smile slightly to Maria, who gives me a glare. I look at her apologetically before running off to meet the others.

"Tony, Nat." I nod to them and run to the nearest chair. Steve walks in stride and holds of the tablet to tony.

"What's this?" Tony asks looking down at the tablet with Nat slowly looking down over his shoulder.

"A message. Ultron killed Strucker." Steve says while handing me back my tablet. I smile in thanks and swipe threw my messages.

"And he did a Banksy at the crime scene, just for us." Tony says looking at us.

"This is a smokescreen. Why send a message when you've just gave a speech?" Nat questions.

"Strucker must have knew something that Ultron wanted us to miss." I say questioning looking to Steve.

"Yea, i bet he." Nat pauses and types on the computer. "Yep. Everything we had on strucker has been erased." She sighs looking down. I quickly look down and look through my tablet, to double check everything of course, only to come up with nothing as well. I slam it down on my knees, aggravated

"Not everything" Tony says sadly and somewhat proudly and looks over to the floor behind them, to which the wall is covered in boxes. I sigh and spin in my chair. This might take a while.

*******************

A while and a lot more boxes later, we are all spread out the room looking through boxes.

"Known associates. Well, strucker had a lot of friends." Steve says while flipping through papers.

"Well these people are all horrible." Bruce says leaning back into his chair. I stifle a laugh, flipping through the folder in front of me. Honestly i was cringing at everything i was seeing and or reading. I wipe my eyes and sigh. I got no sleep last night. I was paranoid as ever. Every noise made me jump. I finally got up halfway through the night and proceeded to lay on the couch in clint's room. A heart attack for him of course, but hey, i at least got some sleep. I throw the folder down onto the floor in my read pile and grab the next.

"Wait. I know that guy. " My head pops up and i look to tony as he says this, looking to Bruce. Bruce passes him the photo he is currently holding. "From back in the day. He operates off the African coast, black market arms." He says making Steve give him a accusingly look. Tony shrugs and continues " There are conventions, alright? You meet people. I didn't sell him anything." I walk over an look down at the photo, and rub my chin, interesting. "He was talking about finding something new, a game changer." Tony says looking all around to all of us.

"What's that?" I ask pointing down to the guys neck.

"Uh, its a tattoo, I don't think he had it." Tony says while also looking down at it questionably.

"No, no those are tattoos, this is a brand." Thor says while crossing his arms. I see Bruce looking through, trying to find it on the computer and go behind him.

"Oh, Yeah it's a word in an African dialect meaning thief, in a much less friendly way." Bruce says turning around to look at us.

"What dialect?" Steve questions

"Wakanada? Wa...Wa...Wakanda." Bruce struggles slightly before getting it finally. I look over at him in confused.

"If this guy got out of Wakanda with some of their trade good.." Tony goes on while looking to Steve.

"I thought your father said he got the last of it?" Steve asks sounding shocked.

"I don't follow. What comes out of wakanda?" Bruce asks looking between the two.

"The strongest metal on earth." I say softly at the same time as tony. He looks over to me proudly. Yay. Mental high five for me. Ya girl had an obsession with Captain America. I also read as many files as i could when i got clearance. I was a bit of a history buff growing up as well.

"Where is this guy now?" Steve's questions while turning to tony.

**********************

I lean up and grab a couple granola bars and place them in my bag, hey you never know when you may need a little snack. I get angry when I'm hungry.

"You know, I'd honestly rather you not come today." I sigh when i hear him behind me. I shrug and continue to stuff my bag with all my needs. "Jules, you can always just stay back this one and we can just have you on comms or hey you can always just stay in the jet." Steve says coming closer. I sigh and turn to look at him.

"But i can't really be of any help if i stay behind, besides i want to come." He sighs as i say this and looks down at me sadly.

"You will be safe and that's all we ever could ask for." I smile up at him and wrap my arms around his stomach, hugging him tightly. I feel his arms wrap around me and feel him rest his head on mine.

"I will be safe, with you all. We will keep each other safe." I say pulling away and nod before turning back to my bag. I feel his stare on the side of my face, but chose to ignore it and continue on. I know they would rather me stay behind but i just can't. I can't sit on the sidelines anymore, not when i can do more. I have to do more. I have to help them in whatever way i am able to. To heck if i get hurt, i have to protect them. I can't protect them when I'm here.