Chapter 8

"I hear three heartbeats up there. The twins and then our guy." I whisper while turning to face Steve.

"Ultron?" He questions tightening his straps on his arm. I close my else and listen in some more. I steady my breathing and ball my hands into fist.

"Now, so are you. Its all under your dummy holdings? Finance is so weird. But as i always say. "Keep your friends rich and enemies rich, and wait to find out which is which." I hear that same voice that plagued my nightmares last night say. I turn to Steve and tony and nod.

"He's talking to our guy." I say quietly. They both nod and talk to each other silently, while i continue to listen in.

I feel a pair of hand on my shoulder pulling me back, making me jump slightly. I turn around, hands up, only to see Steve. "You need to go back to the ship. We can handle it from here." To which i shake my head.

"No, you said i could stay, help out." I say pulling away from him. Yea, he said i could help...a little, did he say i had to go back after, maybe, but that's beside the point. I'm in here now, no backing out now.

"You did help, and now you need to go to safety." He says demanding more of. I shake my head and go to stand behind Thor, who just walked in.

"I'm pretty sure I've been training under Nat for years now, I think i can handle myself." I say looking up at him. He sighs and looks over to tony who just throws his hands up, and looks at me with a sigh.

"Kid you need to go back and wait by bruce." Tony says looking over at me with a glare. I shake my head and stand my ground.

"Fine, but you stay behind us. The moment something goes south, you get back to banner." Steve says before coming to stand in front of me.

"Okay group, we're a go, ill meet you up there." Tony says before shooting up to the next level. I follow behind Steve and Thor as we run up to join them, okay so yea they made it up there a lot quicker then i did and yes i had to take the stairs but like still i made it.

"Ahh, Junior." Tony says before landing down in front of us. Steve walks out further and looks back at me. I nod to him and slowly go closer, but still hide in the dark. "Your gonna break your old mans heart."

"If i have to" Ultron says while looking taller then i could have imagined. He's definitely improved himself since we last saw him.

"We don't have to break anything." Thor states loudly.

"Clearly you've never made an omelet." Ultron says sounding rather annoyed.

"He beat me by one second." Tony says while looking back at us. I sigh because honestly tony.

"Ah, this is funny, Mr. Stark. Its what, comfortable? Like old times?" I hear a new voice say from behind Ultron. I squint my eyes and look over to see a rather handsome looking guy. I scoff probably to loudly because i see his eyes shift over to me. Not one to be easily intimated i look back into his eyes and raise my eyebrows.

"This was never my life." Tony says sadly. I look to tony but still feel his eyes on me.

"You two can still walk away from this." Steve says over to the twins. I see the girl smirk as she walks forward. Okay but love her hair.

" Oh, we will." She says cockily.

"I know you've suffered." Steve says to them trying to get through to them.

"Ughh! Captain America. Gods righteous man, pretending you could live without war. I cant physically throw up in my mouth but..." Ultron says causing me to roll my eyes and look away.