2.2 The Second Runaway

It's 8 PM now. America has been waiting for his dad to come home, but today he somehow comes really late. "Young Master, let's go to sleep. It's almost your bed time." A maid came up to the kid who was sitting at the couch near the front door. "I no want. I want Dad home!" America refused to be picked up by the maid. He held the arm of the couch as tight as he could.

Meanwhile, the maid herself was confused. Since this morning, her young master didn't move an inch from where he sat. If he wanted something or dinner and lunch, he would call his guard, Montserrat, to bring him them all. This is so abnormal because her young master never waited for his dad to come home before. Then, she tried to think positively.

'Maybe Master had done something good to Young Master earlier, that's why Young Master adores him now...'

With that thought, she pat America's head gently and said, "Alright, then. I will call Mr. Montserrat to accompany you until Master UK come home, hm?" America nodded,

"I will sleep afteh Dad home, Ma'am."

"Sounds good."

An hour later, UK came back home. The moment he opened the front door, there was a toddler sleeping on the nearest couch with his head leaning on the left arm of the couch. On the other couch, a man with a long scar that stretched all across his face was also sleeping while he sat with his arms crossed. It's like the two of them were waiting for someone.

"Bloody hell...." UK thought out loud.

"Mr. Montserrat. Montserrat."

The guard, hearing his Boss's voice in his sleep, woke up immediately. He was really shocked that his Boss really was in front of him. "B-Boss!"

"Take him to his bed. Why are you letting him sleeping out here?"

"Ah- I-I'm sorry Boss, but he was waiting for you to come home.."

UK widened his eyes.

'What-'

He never seen America waiting for him. Not in a million years. With confusion, he turned to the sleeping boy.

'Why in the world are you waiting for me, America??'

.........

UK knows this kid is up to something. He knows it better than anyone else. But...

"... Just... take him to bed."

"Yes, Boss!"