Chapter 2

As I wake up I see a huge bear – or is it a lion? – stuffed animal hanging over my face. Oh no... Why the heck didn't you come home by yourself?! And why the heck did a girl had to carry you; hmm Ichigo?" Kun's voice is as loud as ever and my ears hurt. I take Kun's face and take him off of me. I don't have time for this. Today's school, after it training; or a beat-Ichigo-up-until-he-can't-stand. Yeah, it's pretty much the same thing. I must have passed out while being healed by Orihime and she must be the one who had carried me home. I have to thank her today when Rukia isn't near me. The last time she even doesn't let me go to the toilet alone. It is kinda strange.

As fast as I can I change my jeans and my hoodie into my school uniform just to see that it is pretty...how should I describe it...It's ruined. Old man must have let the iron on your shirt while cleaning the dishes, Hichigo says but he sound serious. Normally he would make fun of me now. Yeah, I have to ask him later if he knows something about yesterday when I passed out.

I search my pullover and another white shirt (no one will see the difference) and decide to wear them instead. My other shirt is ruined. As soon as I'm ready I want to say goodbye to Kun; and then I noticed that he hadn't speak since I threw him away. Normally it makes no difference to him and he complains all the time while I'm changing clothes about my rudeness, but not today.

"He Kun, is everything alright?" I ask while he is sobbing. He turns around and looks pretty unhappy for his normal state. "I am angry at you! Always you get the good girls with all the..." He doesn't finish his sentence as I threw my ruined shirt at his face. Because he's so weightless he falls off of my chair.

"Later!" I say goodbye as I go downstairs where my father awaits me. "Ichigo! Good to see you're awake. How was your sleep? Dreamt well?" I do not understand what he wants to say to me so I stay quiet. He rolls his eyes as he explains: "You passed out as you were with Orihime last week, she brought you here and since then you slept mostly a week. You were in pretty bad shape, I hope you hadn't fight with an Espada?"

You slept mostly a week. Pretty bad shape. "So Orihime didn't healed me?" I ask more than surprised. Normally she can heal any injurie, it doesn't matter in what state the person is. She even brought Chad once back, as he dies because of a big cero. In compare to that my injuries were nothing bad.

What do you want? You passed out as she was healing you and then her power somehow didn't work on you anymore. Believe me, she tried several times and I too tried to wake you up, but no chance, Hichigo informed me. That sounds pretty bad. More than bad. I touch my breast and feel a pretty bad pain – my ribs, they aren't healed yet. As I touch my stomach it hurts as well, and my left hand too. I still see a slowly healing scar.

"Don't worry my son, you won't die or so because of this," my father says. "It is just some injuries, two to four days and you're as good as new." I nod. What else should I do? I am a Shinigami and a Hollow so my healing time is compared to a normal Shinigami pretty good. These injuries need weeks to heal, only days with me.

"Oh, and before I forget, Rukia and some other guy, I think Renji is his name, are here to talk to you," my father got serious and he doesn't get serious often. "Talk in the living room." Again I only nod. I mean, what else is there to say? I think he might think they aren't who they are because I'm in pretty bad shape. He doesn't know of my new so called training, well, I hadn't the chance to tell him about it yet. And plus if we talk in the living room my father can spy on our conversation so I don't have to tell him later.

He goes and opens the door for the two of them while I sit on the big coach. My sisters are not at home, if I really slept for one week then Karin is in her football-camp what so ever. Yuzo should have a project week in school so she isn't home too. Well, pretty stupid that I wasn't able to say goodbye to them. I have to ask my father later what he had told them about me not being conscious.

At that very moment Rukia and Renji come into the living room and sit down on the coach next to me. They're both pretty quiet for their conditions. Rukia plays with her short black hair while Renji looks at the roof. Maybe they just feel unsecure because they know my dad is spying and all of them know who Isshin Kurosaki is. My dad is pretty awesome – if he weren't that over-caring with my sisters and so aggressive with me...well he was it at least since he told me about himself normal more like a normal, chilly dad.

"Soo..." Renji coughs and looks at Rukia for her to continue with the speaking. But she doesn't do it, so Renji rolls his eyes. "Well, Ichigo, you missed much of our training." Now Rukia rolls with her eyes and continues: "Yeah, we have to start today if we want to catch up so you can be as strong as planned before winter. Sorry, but we have to take you with us, you need that training. Only you can defeat Aizen and you know it. Yes, you are pretty strong, stronger than a captain, but you need to have this power without your bankai, hollow mask or your Zonpakuto."

"Well, if you say so", I say while Hichigo is pretty angry at Rukia and Renji. King, you do not need that beating from them to become stronger. The best way to gain power is to fight a way stronger opponent so you can get stronger and win at once, Hichigo means and if I am honest I think so too. I mean I don't need that beating – because it is really nothing else. If I just could use Zangetsu it wouldn't be a problem to dodge Rukia's and Renji's bankai. It wouldn't even be a problem to win against them without using my own bankai or any spiritual energy. No other men or women can do that. I am even stronger than the head-captain. If I put my mask and bankai on at the same time I could fight every captain and the head captain at once and would win. Well maybe not all at once but most probably. Aizen can do the same, I know that, but it's most likely that he's at the same level as me. Or I am on the same level as he is. So why this beating?

"But I have to recover first," I say as Rukia and Renji start to smile. I can say that they planned to take me with them right now. "But why do you need to recover?" Rukia asks. "On the battlefield you can't recover from some injuries and have to fight on."

"That's right but I am not on the battle..." I can't speak on as I feel this dizziness again. My vision slowly turns blurry and even known Hichigo speaks to me I can't understand him again. I can fell two arms around me, shaking me. As it doesn't work someone – most probably my dad – slaps me but I can't get out of this...yeah, what is this? Well let's say out of this condition. But it's different from last time, I don't pass out; at least something.

"Mate?!" a voice calls inside my head and suddenly I get a headache. I don't even remember what the voice said but somehow I think that it is something important. After I can't hear the voice anymore my vision, hearing get clearer and I get my normal condition again. Rukia and Renji don't look even a bit worried about me...more, they look like they're bored. You've got some goooood friend, Hichigo says ironically and I can practically see how he shakes his head. But I have to agree with him, can you call Rukia and Renji still my friends? I don't think so.

"Is everything alright son?" my father asks worried with his typical doc-look. I try to smile but my headache just got worse. "Damn, do you have some headache pills dad?" I ask him while my headache is getting worse. He nods and runs as fast as he can to the shelf to get me some pills and a glass of water.

"Thanks," I say and I swear I would have died if it weren't these pills; but I'm still kind of dying. My headache isn't getting worse but it isn't getting better either. My father looks at me with an even more worried face. Rukia and Renji say goodbye and go away. "Get well soon," Renji says before going while Rukia is just pretty annoyed. At least it seems that way.

"You're pale Ichigo", my father says as I just lay down on the coach. I nod because I'm in a pretty bad shape right now, even worse than yesterday. I know that I meant once that headaches are better than other injuries but I take it all back, they're worse. King, you're not only pale, you also kinda look sick, Hichigo mentions in a worried voice. Again I just nod. It seems to become my favorite activity.

"Ok, I'll let you sleep," I hear my father's – or is it Hichigo's? – voice, before I actually fall asleep.