Chapter 9

– Ten days later –

As I finally wake up my headache isn't really gone but it is a lot better. As I watch through the door of my room I can see that Hichigo is sitting in some kind of labor – whatever he may be doing there.

"Hichigo?" I ask him and he responses immediately with a "Yes King? Are you finally awake? Is your headache gone?" I can feel the worry in his voice. But why? I just took a nap and slept maybe an hour or two. At least it feels so. Did he miss me in those two hours? How sweet.

"What means finally? I just took a short nap damn it," I speak out loud my thoughts. Hichigo doesn't response immediately. It seems that he's thinking about something. Maybe he just doesn't know what two hours without me around feel like? Well that's probably totally wrong but may be. He actually got attached to me and even known he doesn't want to admit it in front of me I still know it.

"Sorry King, but you were asleep ten days and three hours," he explains letting me speechless. But he continues: "Your mate" he accent this word like it's something not everyone has. "Didn't let me out of his sight in case you wake up and take your body back and now he sent me to this crazy Espada with the pink hair and glasses – I don't know his name, I forget it every time he tells me – so he can check on me or better said on you."

"Hichigo, let's change back," I request because I don't want this crazy man to check on me. "I don't want him to check on me!" Hichigo nods – I can feel it. "But first I have to tell you something." This time Hichigo's voice is kinda strange...it's reserved like he's feeling uncomfortable.

"What is it? Ah, how did the meeting ended?" I want to know. Hichigo sighs. It's not an I-will-tell-you-so-much-because-there-were-much-informations-sigh it's a Lots-of-fuck-happened-sigh. Damn it. Maybe I shouldn't have taken a nap for so long or a nap in first place.

"Well the meeting ended in Ulquiorra fighting Aizen for you," Hichigo reports and I can feel that he's smiling as he remembers it. It had to be a good fight judging by their spiritual pressure. "But why for me?" I ask in confusion because I quite don't understand. Have I done anything wrong so my mate had to defend me? Oh my gosh I'm already saying mate. But it had been ten days so...It's pretty okay.

"Well I kinda said that we changed roles because of the Espada and especially Aizen made you sick so I had to handle it for you so you can rest?" Hichigo explains. Okay. That's something I would expect from him. I mean he likes me so there's nothing wrong. "Did Ulquiorra win?" I ask out of interest. I can practically feel how Hichigo has a proud smile on his lips: "Of course King, what do you think? He overpowered this Aizen easily because I said he pissed me off. By the way, I kicked him before the fight started. He was getting on my nerves." I nod because I don't have anything else to say. It's good that Ulquiorra won.

"And?" I ask for more details. I know that wasn't all. Hichigo grins even more as he starts to report all the other events: "Well this wasn't the first fight between them. On day three Ulquiorra got mad at Aizen because you still haven't woken up and this ended up Aizen losing almost his right arm. Just last minute Starrk – Espada number one – and the woman went in between. Was pretty funny to watch. Ulquiorra is pretty strong; one of the strongest of all of them."

Hichigo laughs as he says that about Ulquiorra. "So on day four Ulquiorra chased me for...to say it in his words 'Not letting you out and forcing you to sleep for so long'." Again Hichigo laughs. "Oh my god this was sooo funny. I tricked him almost on every corner and he never got me. At the end as I was getting bored I explained him about your headaches so he knows how to handle your many black outs in the last weeks." His amusement goes away and this is one of the moments where I can see how much he actually worries about me.