Not all publishers can or will do the same things

Adding this update and addressing it to publishers (kasi hindi kasalanan ng authors kung may miscommunication dito):

If you are marketing yourself as a "traditional publisher": Please be upfront with your authors kung ano ang ibig sabihin nito at kung ano lang ang kaya niyong gawin para sa mga author.

If you claim to be a traditional publisher then you should know what authors expect (because you want this from any trad pub!). Some examples of expectations:

- Quality editing

- Quality printing

- A marketing plan

- Opportunities to do events

- At absolutely no cost to the authors!

Some corporate publishers can afford to do big events and large print runs. If you as a publisher cannot, make sure the authors you sign understand that. When you call yourself a registered/corporate traditional publisher, you are taking advantage of what people associate with that, and if you know you cannot meet those expectations make sure the authors know that before they work with you.

(Authors, if you have concerns about a publisher, or you're worried that you might not be treated well, I have a checklist you can use here. Go to the chapter titled 2021 Checklist for Publishers.) Minsan mahirap lang talaga ang takbo ng business and publishers have to reduce workload or downsize or promise less so they don't fail. But it's good to talk to them first kung ano ba talaga ang kaya nilang gawin para malinaw na hanggang dito lang ang kaya nila.