Chapter 1

I wrote this for Jikook Cottagecore 2022 fest. This is completed and is now revealed on AO3 to read. I'll update the chapters here on my free time. If you can't wait for updates here, pleae head to my AO3 page. Link available on my bio in Wattpad profile.

***

Disclaimer: The places used in this fic are fictional.

Dear prompter, I told myself no more fests because how tight my work life was, but when I came across your prompt I couldn't help it. Hope you like it.

Thanks to my baby Sana for coming up with a beautiful and cute title. Moodboard by Jikookcottagecore admin :)

Tags:

"Congratulations, sir

"Congratulations, sir. It's all yours now."

"Thank you so much." He shook hands with the middle-aged man, accepting his congratulations with a slight incline of his head.

Jungkook proudly took the papers, brimming with joy. It wasn't just joy, but he was proud of himself for being able to get something he wanted the most.

Finally.

He exited the small town office with a beaming smile, throwing his face up to greet the sun and admire the clear skies. Fresh air filled his lungs. This place was just so peaceful. Though it was hard to get his fill of caffeine to his heart's content like in the States or back home in Korea, where every corner of the street had a café, Jungkook loved it here.

He didn't know how to explain this in mere words. For the first time in their life, he felt like he had found a missing part of himself here in Avalon. He found like he found a connection to this place unlike any other. A place that tempted him to stay a little longer. A place that finally fulfilled this unknown longing in his heart. A place that felt like a real home.

Jungkook's discovery of the beautiful medieval stone cottage was a chance encounter while taking a detour from his usual route from work on a beautiful winter evening. He has moved to Avalon all the way across the country to work on a new project. The small country town was tucked away from the modern world, blanketed by nature.

The young architect had fallen in love with the small town at first sight. The refreshing fresh air, and colorful sceneries made his heart sing for the first time in years. So used to the mechanical life in the city, this was refreshing and a nice change to his otherwise hectic life.

When he was presented with this opportunity by his company, he hadn't thought twice because the project itself was challenging. Their client wanted to build a small cottage where he could retire with his family in a few years. It wasn't anything like Jungkook had designed before, so he was hyped.

However, after a rain storm and a resulting landslide caused the main roads to close, he was forced to take an alternate route from the cottage he rented to his workplace. And that was how he stumbled onto the medieval stone cottage that looked so different from all other cottages and homes in the area.