Chapter 6

Mimi hid around the corner and eyed the human quizzically as he worked. The workers had just left for the day, but the human was still fluttering around in the backyard. It was super loud, and he was pissed as hell. Men were going in and out of the cottage all week. There was only so much Mimi was willing to compromise.

The pixie was tempted to dump all the human's clothes into the pond. He, in fact, sneaked inside his bedroom and was in the process of pulling all his neatly folded clothes outside after successfully dumping one set in the pond.00 nnnnnnn However, he overheard Koo talking to his friends before he could do take the second set outside.

"Winter is gonna be so bad this year. I don't wanna freeze off my balls, hyung. This place is also known for severe snowstorms," he said louder. His footsteps echoed in the living room. "I'm installing heat pumps and floor heating. It will be toasty warm in here."

Mimi almost smiled when he heard that. It sounded promising. Maybe he didn't have to go to Pixie Hollow this time.

"I'm also building a greenhouse outside for the plants," Koo continued. "I can't wait to bring out my mittens. Maybe I'll leave something warm for the little monkey who wrecks my home. "

"I'm not a monkey." Mimi pouted. "I don't like monkeys."

"Can't wait to make hot chocolate with marshmallows. Heaven of sweets. Yum. Imagine laying in front of the furnace bundled in warm clothes, drinking hot chocolate," Koo added.

Mimi found himself licking his lips. He loved chocolate. He peeked through the small door gap to see Koo sitting on a couch, wiggling his foot in front of the fireplace as if testing it out. He even smacked his lips louder.

"You know what. I want a mug of hot chocolate right now. Why should I wait for Winter to drink one? Do you think I should leave a mug for my little monkey?" The human chuckled.

Mimi immediately nodded, reply ready on his lips before he pursed it. He sighed. His shoulders slumped as he imagined the scene in his head. It would be heavenly. He pouted, glancing at the clothes in this hold. He really wanted that hot chocolate.

The pixie silently went back to the closet, folding the clothes as it was using his magic before putting it back. Then he went to the pond. Guilt flooded him.

The human was trying to make the home warmer and he retaliated by throwing his clothes into the water. Mimi never felt guilty in his life. Ever. All his actions were justified in his eyes.

But for the first time, he felt ashamed. He didn't like the workmen coming inside and he didn't like the sounds. He should have checked at least.

Once again, he used his magic to bring the clothes out of the pond. It took a while to drain it using his magic. However, drying was not his forte. So he left it in the backyard porch where the human could see it before making his way inside.

He sneaked silently to the kitchen to see the human making something. Mimi flew to the fridge, hiding behind one of the figurines the human kept on it. It smelled divine and his mouth watered. Big, pink eyes peeked on top of the figure's head, wings fluttering excitedly.

"Hmm...it's really hot. Little monkey, you should wait until it's a bit warm to drink it," the human talked to himself. "I'll leave it here for you. Maybe I'll leave some cookies too."

Mimi nodded again enthusiastically and hid when the human turned. He watched the human carefully and waited until Kook disappeared from view. The pixie didn't move until the human was out of earshot. He heard the human talking once again in the living room before he flew to the hot mug.

The pixie watched the rising steam patiently. There was nothing more he wanted than to dive into it, but he understood a warning when given one. With a pout, he sat on the table and grabbed a cookie to munch on, moaning at the taste.