Chapter 7

Jungkook was extremely happy as he saw the fairy bring in two more. He wasn't someone who believed in fairytales or magical creatures. However, how could he not believe it when he saw them with his eyes every day?

Fairies were a thing from story books. He still remembered the vividly colored pictures from his childhood. So he was enamored with them. He wanted to know more about them. Every tiny detail he learned about them was endearing.

The two new additions were as curious as his little monkey. He wished he knew their names. Did they have a name? Oh, what wouldn't he do to be friends with them.

Watching the camera feed got even more fun after the new arrival. They were very cautious, yet too curious for their own good. One day, Jungkook was greeted with a fairy's face peeping into the camera lens; the other, he got one stuck inside his fridge before his little monkey freed him.

But with increased numbers also came some trouble. While his little monkey was a careful bean, his other friend, who loved to wear little flower crowns, wasn't. This, too, had pink eyes like his little monkey. However, the other one had green eyes and was more stoic.

The flower fairy often knocked out the things in the kitchen mostly, but his little monkey would scold him and put them back in place. Finally, they all made their beds using his scarves, and Jungkook only grinned, watching them with an endeared expression.

The work in the house was over soon, and it was the greenhouse that was taking longer than expected. However, he was sure he would be able to end it before the first snow. He managed to move almost all the plants inside and arrange them. As soon as the ordered materials came, he would be able to finish it.

His happiness multiplied when his hyungs called him to inform that they were spending the Christmas with him this year. Jungkook bought additional mattress and blankets to host them. He wouldn't be able to use the attic, since the fairies occupied it. So they would have to use the living room and his bedroom.

They would be spending at least three weeks at his home, so he made sure to buy extra groceries and drinks from the city. Jungkook was almost done with his project and he didn't have to go to work as often as before. So he used his free time to work on the greenhouse.

The materials he ordered came exactly on the day Namjoon was set to arrive. The other two would arrive two days later. Jungkook set to work early, losing himself in the work. He worked for hours in the end, focusing on shaping every inch of the greenhouse to fit his vision.

It was in the evening when Namjoon's call came Jungkook realized he was working almost all day.

"I'm here." Namjoon grinned happily on screen.

"Shit, hyung. It totally slipped my mind." Jungkook ran a hand over his mouth. "Just gimme thirty minutes, I'll be there to pick you up."

"Ah, it's okay, Jungkook-ah. I know how you get when you start working. I can take a taxi from here."

"No, no, I'll come." Jungkook hurried outside. "Just give me—"

His leg slipped, and the next thing he knew, he fell backward, hitting his head on something. Pain shot through his skull, and his vision blurred. Jungkook lay there for a moment. Realization of what happened dawned in his mind.

"Jungkook!"

"Jungkook!"

Shit. It hurt like hell.

His eyes watered. He slowly patted the ground to reach for his phone.

"Jungkook!"

He found it on his fourth try. "H-Hyung," he whispered.