Chapter 4

Mimi's mission to annoy the human started in the bathroom. Honestly, he found that white, round thing by mistake and was suddenly too curious.

The pixie was taking a stroll inside the bathroom, sniffing all the scented bottles with delight. He saw the human taking a bubble bath one night and wondered how it would feel to be in one. Mimi didn't know how to create one and today he was in a mission to find out.

However, his exploration was halted by the human's sudden appearance and he flew in a hurry, hiding between the tallest, round bottles that was bright colored. His heart pounded in his chest, and eyes were round.

The human appeared to be in a joyful mood as he hummed some pleasant tune. Mimi slapped both his hands on his eyes when the human began to strip. Sudden heat rushed over his face and neck. He wondered if he would create a fire if someone touched his flaming cheeks.

Shameless human.

The human yanked the shower and water droplets splattered on Mimi. The spray soaked him under a minute and the pixie fumed. He almost turned to scold the human for wetting him with water when he saw the rain pouring down the square-shaped metal head.

"Wow," he mused in wonder. "There is rain in this room."

He studied the human carefully, keeping his eyes stubbornly above his trimmed waist. This man was an enigma. He had so many things at this home and Mimi contemplated how a human could summon rain in only such small space. He glanced at the ceilings, outside the tiny window, where the sun was shining bright and then back at the human.

Does he know magic?

Mimi was too lost in his thoughts when the human snatched the bottle he was hiding behind. Suddenly exposed, Mimi's eyes widened for a second before he jumped behind another bottle with a squeak.

Stupid human.

His heart almost beat out of his chest. He clutched the slippery bottle as he tried to calm his breathing, only to scream when that bottle was lifted. However, this time Mimi was taken with it. His grip slipped, and he flapped his wings only to realize he was directly under the water stream and the water pressure was too high for him to withstand. Not to mention the water was scalding hot.

He coughed and spluttered, his grip loosening and falling down before being dragged down to the drain. Mimi screeched again, flailing his limbs in terror. A minute later, he fell to the floor. Thanks to his magic, he was able to get out.

The human almost drowned him. His skin was red and burning as if he was burned by the sun. Anger boiled inside him. However, Mimi had no time to dwell on it because the human shut the shower and exited the small stall. It was only Mimi's reflexes that saved him from squished into a pulp.

Well, technically, the human wouldn't be able to harm him. Mimi could change into a human sized fairy anytime at will. However, having grown in the Pixie Hollow where his kin hated the Fae folk, he never dared to take his Fae form unless or until it was absolutely necessary.

For example, he did it when he was once hunted down by a hawk that managed to fly away with him in its claws. He changed into his Fae form midair, causing the hawk to drop him. He did make sure to punch the living daylights out of that stupid hawk before flying away.

So he wasn't entirely defenseless. However, he didn't think the hawk and the human were the same. The hawk wasn't this handsome, and he wondered if he would be able to really punch the human in his face even if he wanted.

Ugh! What are you even thinking, Mimi?

He emerged from his hiding place once the bathroom door shut behind him, leaving wet footprints all over the place. Mimi sighed. Now he needed to go and dry in the sun. He shook the water off his wings and flew up, only to squeak and crash into something because the door suddenly opened again.