Chapter 3

Mimi woke up to the human clattering downstairs in a hurry. He blinked his bleary eyes open and fluttered his vibrant wings before flying out of the attic. He hid behind a curtain and watched the human bustle around the kitchen in a hurry.

The pixie had only seen a few humans up close. Perhaps this was the closest he had ever come to being around a human. Pixies weren't supposed to mingle with other species. The humans didn't know of their existence.

This human is weird.

He was only in his pants. A wet towel hung loosely on one of his strong shoulders. Droplets of water from the wet strands of his hair trickled down his back. And the human's muscled back flexed with his movements.

Why can't he just dry his hair?

Mimi scrunched his nose. It smelled lovely in here. He lifted his nose in the air, sniffing curiously. Finally, the man flipped something on the pan and ran into his bedroom.

A moment later, he appeared in the kitchen with a shirt hanging open. With one hand, he buttoned the shirt and used the other to plate the round yellow colored thing. Then, he shut the stove and poured the black color liquid into a mug.

Mimi watched as the human poured a honey colored liquid over that round thing and stuffed his mouth with food in a hurry while standing. Then, he tucked the shirt inside his pants in between, and Mimi turned around with flaming cheeks when he pushed his pants down to do so.

Shameless human.

When he turned around, the man was dressed. Dropping the empty plate in the sink, he grabbed his jacket and keys before dashing out of the home. The walls vibrated with the slam of the door, and Mimi came out of his hiding.

He flew to the table, where the things were left haphazardly.

Not just shameless but messy too.

Mimi scoffed. What else could he expect from humans? They never cared about their surroundings. Instead, they littered this earth with trash.

He sniffed at the jar with honey-colored liquid, swiping a finger over the drop that was in the nozzle of the small, glass jar. The human poured this on that round thing generously. He even looked like it was the best thing he ever had.

The pixie sniffed it again before bringing it to his mouth. Hesitantly at first. Sweetness exploded in his tongue. His eyes almost popped out of its sockets.

Oh.

He swiped another drop from the nozzle and popped the finger into his mouth. "Sweet," he murmured and with glee lifted the jar with the help of his magic, gulping a healthy dose.

He smacked his lips appreciatively. At least the human had something good. Grabbing an apple from the fruit basket, he made his way to the garden. He had a long day ahead after all.

The next five days passed in a similar fashion. The human was always in a hurry in the mornings and it was the same routine every day.

Fortunately, living with a human came with its perks. He didn't have to go search for food anymore. The man had a wonderful selection of fruits and that sweet nectar Mimi liked to drink whenever he could get his hands on it.

However, he stayed away from those superhot, red looking liquid stuff the human mostly cooked at nights. It almost burned his mouth because of how hot it was. And it almost put a hole on his tiny tongue with how spicy it was. But the human monster slurped that liquid with white earthworm looking things as if it was the most delicious thing in the universe.

Ew... Humans are weird.

After searching high and low, he found Peter and Angelo living in one of the trees a little far from the garden. They were happy to greet their old friend, but was annoyed with the human as well. Mimi carefully studied the human, wanting to know his weakness.