Chapter 9

Disclaimer: If you recognise it, surprise, I don't own it.

Chapter 9– Making Progress.

------------------------------------

With everything else taken care of, I can begin my study of magic and a whole bunch of magic on my to-do list. First of all, I must learn everything I can about Occlumency and Legilimency from that black book.

I want to be the foremost authority on the mind because it is quite a scary reality to know that every piece of unique shit out there could invade your mind. But, of course, I am now a unique piece of shit too, and I want that capability.

Plus, I need to be exceptionally proficient at all things to do with the mind so that I can go and clean up all of old Gilderoy's messes and wipe any trace of foul play in all of his victim's minds. And I need to do it before Dumbledore eventually goes and visits one of them and discovers the fraudulent behaviour, and starts plotting my downfall.

But that is only some of the magic that I need to learn. If I ever plan on leaving this little hermits lair of mine, then I need to be skilled at all sorts of magic so that I can, at the very least, defend myself from any asshole with a trigger finger out there that will use their wand without the slightest hesitation.

So I will start by going through the Hogwarts textbooks and starting at year one and slowly progressing through the books and up the years until I have finished all of them.

I have memories of going through them as Gilderoy, or at least the versions when he attended Hogwarts, but I can't trust that. They are all coloured by his perceptions and views, which are obviously very narrow-minded and single-focused.

I need to go through it all again with my much more focused brain and re-learn it all, pick up on things that old Gilderoy might have missed or even gain a new view on them. My more modern mindset may give me more insight.

Either way, I need to learn it all myself since I can't trust any of the knowledge I gained from Gilderoy since it is also biased towards him. It's because of his memories of Digby. D. Digworth that I didn't even consider the man a threat.

I found nothing to be worried about when he kept knocking on my door day after day. After all, I just remembered him as a bumbling fool, as my lackey that listened to my every order, and it was because of that I didn't see the knife poised to enter my back.

It is why I let him in even when the man threatened me outside my front door because I thought he was my stupid subordinate who could only make threats. I am not going to make the same mistake again. I have Gilderoy's knowledge, and I can use it, but I am not going to trust it, which is why I have to find everything out for myself, especially magic.

And for that reason, I have made a schedule that I can stick to and progress in everything I need to without burning myself out. So, sticking to this plan, I should learn everything I need to and be out of here as soon as possible.