Chapter 21

Disclaimer: If you recognise it, surprise, I don't own it.

Chapter 21– Preparation.

------------------------------------

I watch as Randolph Spudmore gets up and leaves my office after shaking my hand, and Andromeda gets up to join him and escort him out. Meanwhile, I sit back and look at the contracts laid out on the desk, pondering on what my next move will be.

Just now, Randolph signed all the paperwork that we laid out in front of him and bound himself to a magical agreement, though it wasn't as easy as I made it sound. Of course, he had come hesitation when the strictness of the magical contract we wanted to induce came to light, but we talked it through, and he agreed. I had already given my bottom line to Andromeda, and I allowed her to handle the meeting while I merely observed.

I didn't have to intervene once during the meeting as Andromeda handled it just fine, and she made sure to stay well above my bottom line. Aside from getting Randolph to agree to the method, we would be using to seal this agreement, I did nothing except say hello and then say goodbye. I could have taken a more active role and probably used my Legilimency to get the best deal possible, but the whole point of this business idea is so that I can sit back and relax as the money rolls in.

It is the whole reason I hired Andromeda and got her under such a stringent magical contract, so I could sit back and revel in my riches as she works her hardest to increase them. And given the way that Andromeda just handled this, with no input from me, I can rest assured that she will handle things just fine. So the question remains, what should I do now?

With this handled now, Andromeda will be handling the rest of the broom makers in the next few days and cornering them into magical contracts, which will demand for them to show results within three months, which is the same time limit that Randolph gave for coming up with a prototype for the Firebolt. Obviously, at least a few, though I am betting on the majority, are expecting to just take the money and run away with it, which they will be unable to do due to the contract, which they will no doubt underestimate.

So in three months, when Randolph has his prototype made, I will have a workforce of broom makers locked in contractually that will go to work for him and start the production. And then we can create multiple different versions that just differ purely in aesthetics and are exorbitant in price, purely so the purebloods can buy them just to brag. So I will get more involved when that step starts, but for right now, Andromeda will be handling operations here, and that leaves me with a whole lot of time on my hands.

A lot of time, I really need to figure out what to do with, aside from learning all the magic I can using as many books as I can get my hands on. But now that I think of it, having a whole lot of magic at my disposal but not knowing how to utilise it seems pretty stupid. Sure, I could turn a rat into a cup or a pebble into a tiger or even duplicate whole objects, but aside from being very cool and helpful when it comes to specific situations, it doesn't really aid me.

With how dangerous I know this world will become in the coming years- no, how dangerous this world is right now, I need to learn how to thoughtfully wield the magic at my disposal and use it in actual fights instead of in the stealth and subterfuge that I have been doing so far. So I have to learn how to duel, but how do I go about that? Sure, there are duelling tournaments and leagues, as well as teachers, but with a status such as mine, I can't go to any of them.