𝟐 | 𝐤𝐭𝐡

🥀V ₣ØⱤ VłⱠⱠ₳ł₦ 🥀"I am terrified of this dark thing that sleeps in me"

🥀V ₣ØⱠⱠ₳ł 🥀
"I am terrified of this dark thing that sleeps in me"

༺♥༻❀༺♥༻

𝑱𝑨𝑵𝑼𝑨𝑹𝒀 1𝒔𝒕, 2023
𝑴𝑨𝑵𝑰𝑳𝑨, 𝑷𝑯𝑰𝑳𝑰𝑷𝑷𝑰𝑵𝑬𝑺
𝑻𝑰𝑴𝑬: 5:38 𝑨𝑴

"Know. Your. Place. Kid."

A jarring kick was thrown at the mistreated figure lying stationary on the crippled surface, submissively taking every hit directed at him.

"You should have fucked off when we asked you to." The man venomously snarled, not slowing down. Each kick reminded the boy of his undeserving, useless self. That he was nothing but a nuisance, a burden to those who took him in even after knowing how incompetent he was.

"Yo-You can't do this! I won't-won't let you!" He somehow managed to croak out, angering the gangsters more. It was only moments later that his head met a cruel force, almost making him blind. A groan escaped his bruised lips as he cried, mentally cursing himself for being so weak and pathetic.

'You're not good enough. He only took you in out of pity. You don't deserve to be a part of his empire. You're a disgrace to his name. Nothing but a shame.'

His conscience repeated those lines like a mantra. Tears brimmed the corner of his eyes as he thought of how he had failed the one man who believed in him.

The only man Hyunjin sincerely respected and honoured. The one he adored more than god, worshipped like a devoted saint and could sacrifice the world for his pleasure.

'I overestimated myself.' Hyunjin thought. 'I thought I was powerful enough to defeat them. When in reality I am not. I am worthless. I am piteous.' His thoughts went on and on, not reaching a stop.

Hyunjin began to sob quietly. He did not want to die but he was going to. It was because he was feeble. Nothing like the man who had trained him. His master. His lord. His Boss. His brother. His everything.

He was crying not because he was going to die but because he was going to fail the one person he never wanted to disappoint. Again.

If only he could get one more chance. Only one more chance and he would prove himself—

"Boss! Boss! I-I think someone broke in through the security."

The group of men stopped hitting the bloodied body on the floor and diverted their attention to the young boy who had rushed in. The boss hissed enraged, "Are you kidding me? How is that possible?!"