Chapter 6

"I don't know what it is, but it feels so right
How could I say no when it feels so right? Yeah
And that's my n*gga forever
Told him yeah, you doin' good, but you can do a lil' better, mhm
And when I call, I'm just checkin'."
Larry June ft. DeJ Loaf "Feels So Right"

Nicole

"She say she nah let go no matter how far me go." I sang as I danced around the kitchen with a glass of orange juice in my left hand and a piece of crispy turkey bacon in the right.

I was lost in my own world until I heard start barking. When I was going to get him to stop so he wouldn't wake Kyle up, I saw him Kyle leaning against the wall with his arms crossed across his chest as he looked at me in amusement.

"How long have you been standing there?"

"Only for a minute. I didn't want to ruin the show. Please go on."

"You are so funny. Happy birthday baby." I kissed him.

"Thank you love. It smells really good in here. What are you cooking?"

"Your breakfast. It was supposed to be breakfast in bed."

"Don't worry about it. I needed to stretch my legs anyway. We were in that bed all night long." He winked.

"Stop. I got the pancakes, eggs that are extra cheesy how you like it, grits, hash browns, and turkey bacon. I also made you a fruit salad and went out this morning to get some fresh croissants from your favorite bakery."

"You spoil me. I love you."

"I love you too. Sit down and let me serve you."

"No, I got it."

"Kyle, don't start this morning."

"You've done enough. I can serve myself."

"Kyle please."

"Those puppy eyes aren't going to work today. Hand over that spatula."

"You are so stubborn."

"We both are, but you're worse."

"Sure. What do you want to drink?"

"Orange juice is good. So what's today looking like?"

"I have a doctor's appointment at 10:30. While I'm there, your barber is coming over to get you fresh and then you're free to do whatever until we have to head over to Shawn's place."

"I do have to finish up the final pieces for the exhibit, but I'm kind of stuck on what they should be."

"I mean if you let me see them, maybe I can help you come up with something."

"Nice try."

"Come on. Give me a hint."

"It's a love story."

"Ours?"

"Maybe, maybe not."

"Why can't I get a preview like I always do?"