Chapter 16

"But I know when I am wrong
Give you a reason to just move on
Apologizing ain't fixing the things I've done
But baby, I'm promising you that I won't do this again
Do you believe in a second chance?
Won't give you another reason to second guess
Nothing to regret, I'll do my best for you."
Mariah the Scientist "Only Human"

Tae

*************************************************
I heard the doorbell ring. This girl just left.

"Nicole, did you forget your keys?" I quickly glanced at the island for the keys as I jogged to the door. I pulled it open and my goofy smile fell from my face. I was shocked to see Shawn standing in front of me.

"Shawn." He's been off social media and ignoring my calls done our blowup.

"You ready to talk?"

"Yeah." He walked inside and I followed him after closing the door. "Shawn, I—."

"Look, I've been running our last conversation in my mind everyday and I decided that we can move past this, but..."

"But what?"

"I want to get even."

"Even? How?"

"You need to let me get my lick back."

"So you want to sleep with someone?" Is he out of his mind?

"It's only right." He shrugged. "And I already know who I want it to be."

"Who?"

"Nicole."
*************************************************

My eyes shot open. It was just a dream.

God forbid, God forbid, God forbid. I reject it in Jesus name.

You better had said Amen.

I would never allow Shawn to sleep with Nicole under any circumstance. There are too many men out there for me to do something like that just to get him back. And, there's no way he'll get that opportunity before I do.

I'm just playing.

I heard a noise downstairs that sounded like a soft drill. I checked the time on my phone and it was 6:43. I sat up and got off the bed, putting on my fuzzy slippers and walking into the bathroom. I brushed my teeth and washed my face.

I strolled downstairs to see Nicole using her Nutri Bullet. She didn't realize I was standing there until Leo came over to me. That's when she stopped.

"Sorry. Did I wake you?"

"No, you're good. What are you doing up so early on a Saturday?"

"I'm going running with Leo. I'm just making a little smoothie before we go. You want some?"

"What's in it?"

"Pineapple, peaches, coconut water, spinach—."

"Spinach? I'll pass."

"I bet if this was a milkshake, you would have gladly accepted it."

"Mhmmm, you already know. Can I ask you something?"

"Go ahead."

"If my life was on the line and the person who kidnapped me or whatever said that the only way you could save me was that you would have to sleep with him, would you do it?"