Chapter 5

"So you hide away and never tell
You say that darkness knows you well
That lesson of love, all that it was
I need you to see
You've got that power over me, my my
Everything I hold dear is right in those eyes
Got that power over me, my my
The only one I know, the only one on my mind
Got that power over me."
Kevin Gates & Dermot Kennedy "Power"

Nicole

"Tae, are you sure you sent me to the right address?" I asked him, putting the car in park and turning off the ignition.

"Yeah, why?"

"I'm in the parking lot of a sex shop."

"You're at the right place. Come inside."

"What—?" The call ended before I could finish my question. What does this man have me doing this early morning? I got out of my car and slowly walked to the entrance of the store. I entered the building and was immediately greeted by an employee.

"Welcome to Pinky's D*cks and Cl*ts!"

"Thank you." I felt my face turn red. Not only is the name of this place ridiculous, but the way you're bombarded with dildos and vibrators once you come in is crazy. I'll admit some of the lingerie looks cute.

"I'm over here." I turned towards the voice to see Tae waving his arm. I went over to him.

"Oh my God. What are we doing here? This is so weird."

"No it's not. I come in here all the time. Shawn broke our handcuffs so I came to buy a new pair. I thought I should invite you to see what they have here."

"Is he Incredible Hulk or something?"

"He thinks so. I'm sure you'll find something that'll spice things up in the bedroom for you and Kyle. You should put on a little show."

I'll admit I've only had sex with one person before Kyle, so I may not be an expert but I have fantasies and I'm open to trying new things. I mean, things between us are already hot. It wouldn't hurt to make it even better. I'm not going anywhere near a whip though. That sh*t reminds me too much of slavery.

"So you want me to go embarrass myself?"

"That man loves everything you do. You'll be fine. You can even do one of those dance routines from high school."

"Did you forget that I didn't make the team?"

"Them hating *ss h*es were just jealous."

"I don't even like talking about that so let's change the topic of discussion." I won't lie, I was devastated when I found out I didn't get a spot on the dance team.

Dancing was one of those escapes for me. I got picked on a lot in school even when Dewayne was around to protect me. Dancing helped me lose weight and also feel free. I dreamed about taking my dancing to the next level and making a career out of it. I felt like I was a joke when I didn't make the dance team, so it stopped being a passion for me.

It was probably a blessing in disguise because I love the brand I created. But you know how sometimes you reach a certain point in your life when you're happy and successful, you can't help but wonder how it would have turned out if you followed that other path.

I could always try dancing again. I have more confidence in myself now and my body isn't falling apart yet.

"Do you and Shawn ever act out foreplay?"