Chapter 2

" A MAP? "

SECRETS REVEALED

It has been two days sine the trio met. Which means today is the day they go on the 'hike'. The day where the meaning of the dream is being revealed.

Ammelia paced around the living room, impatiently waiting till her two friends arrived. She wanted to ask some important questions from her parents but she didn't want to do it alone. When she took her phone to ring them,

The door bell rang.

" I'm coming", shouted Ammelia.

She opened the door and got engulfed in a tight bear hug, she could barely breathe. They walked into the dinning room to have breakfast together. Thomas and Celestia were already at the table.

" Good morning guys " Thomas greeted cheerfully.

" Good morning Mr. Clarke "

" Morning dad "

They were seated around the table. The trio shared nervous glances, which didn't go unnoticed my Celestia.

" what's wrong? " she asked curiously.;

" I- um mum- "

Theo noticed she was hesitant and took the lead,

" Its nothing serious Mrs. Clarke, Ammelia wanted to ask some questions".

All pair of eyes were on her. Theo slid his hand under the table and squeezed Ammelia' s hand comfortingly, Ammelia glanced at Theo surprised. He was already looking at her. Bridget cleared her throat and the pair jumped and moved away.

" What questions dear? ", asked Thomas.

Ammelia took a deep breathe and said," Who am I really?".

The couple tensed.

Theo and Bridget shared worried glances.

" oh " Thomas said surprised.

"Dad?"

" Its time to let you know don't you think?"

Mr. Clarke stood up wordlessly and motioned them to follow him. The trio walked quietly behind him. They went to the attic. Mr. Clarke went to a corner and brought out a dusty old wooden box, He blew out the dust. Ammelia could see a very unique carving carved onto it.

Ammelia was never allowed to go to the attic. Her parents said it was because they hadn't cleaned it for years and there might different creatures. The thought of being in the attic which might be filled with rats and snakes made her not to think about the place. Well now she has a clue why she wasn't allowed to go.

Mr. Clarke placed the wooden box on the dining table, Everyone gathered around it. Ammelia took the box closer to her. She ran her fingers across the carvings. There was a specific symbol which caught her eye; it was a circle inside it there was three triangles joined together each corner pointing various direction, it reminded her the Deathly Hallows symbol. The whole circle was carved to be inside flames.

She took a closer look and saw a keyhole. Before she could ask about it, her mother slid a old fashioned key next to the box. To her surprise the key was not rusted. She took the key in her hand and looked at the people Infront her, They gave a approving nod.

She inserted the key, It fit perfectly. She turned the key slowly, not wanting to break anything. She heard a faint 'click'. Everyone sighed in relief. 'One more step closer'', she thought.

She opened the wooden box. Inside that there was a neatly rolled scroll. Ammelia felt like her heart would leap out of her throat. She slowly reached for the scroll with her shaking hands. When she touched it,

Bridget and Celestia gasped softly.

Theo's eyes were wide as saucers.

Ammelia felt some weird sensation around her. She felt like her hair rose, she knows clearly she didn't imagine that.

The scroll unrolled by itself, the letters inside it looks like it was written in gold.

Ammelia read it aloud," This infant who was at your doorstep is the treasure of the Ravaryn kingdom". She glanced at her parents who sent her a sad smile, she continued '' When the time comes she will find about this, until then nothing should be spoken about it and you should protect her with all cost most importantly ...let her seek" . After she finished reading the scroll turned into golden butterflies and into dust.

Ammelia didn't know what to do. So she confirmed that she has to do something with her dreams. On the other hand her parents who she thought was her real parents were not her biological one. That doesn't mean she will stop loving them but the daughter who they love unconditionally is some baby left at their doorstep. Words can't describe how thankful she was.

She ran to her parents and squeezed them in a tight hug. Theo and Bridget stood there awkwardly not knowing what to do after the load of new information they received.

Something caught Theo's attention. He bent down and took the box, he squinted his eyes at the box.

" A MAP ?? " exclaimed Theo.

Everyone snapped their head towards Theo surprised.

Ammelia excused herself from her parents and walked towards Theo. He showed the box, and there it was carved into the box: the map of Ravaryn Kingdom. They had a bit of hope now.

-----☾︎✰☾︎✰☾︎✰☾︎✰☾︎✰-----

Ammelia wrote down all the important things she has to remember from the dream and the scroll. The palace in the kingdom, the tunnel, the red crown which appeared once in a while and the symbol.

The trio had already packed their bags. Theo and Bridget had said their parents that they might be staying at Ammelia' s to do ' summer homework'.

Thomas and Celestia was very worried about their daughter. They knew no one can stop her. But their heart ached at the thought of Ammelia not returning back. What if she gets a happy family who treats her more better? what is she changed her decision and stayed there forever? They won't be able to see her again. But they never showed how worried they were, because now their daughter is going to face something she never dreamt facing. They didn't want to worry her.

They hugged their daughter a goodbye, hopefully it will not be the last. Ammelia blinked back the tears which threatened to fall. They stood there for few minutes in their embrace. She whispered the words I will return and took off with one last glance at them.

Oh what adventures they will be facing...

Vote and Comment <33