26th (AU, Revised)

"You're trending again,"

Hindi na bago sa'kin ang mag-trending. Tuwing may game ay lagi naman akong trending. O kaya, kapag may issue ay nadadawit ang pangalan ko. But today was different. I already know why I am trending without looking at my fans' tweets. 

"Bumati ka na kasi, bro." Anton slightly kicked my leg. 

"Ikaw nalang inaantay nila. Bumati ka na," Ate Ly back Anton up. I shook my head before reaching for my wine glass. 

"Ano pa saysay ng bati, e, andito na 'ko?" Tanong ko. Pertaining to where I am right now. 

Isabel is in isolation. I went here to eat dinner together with everybody. Since she couldn't get close to us, dito nalang kami sa may pool kumain para makikita niya pa rin kami since the pool is the view from her window. 

"Syempre hindi nila alam 'yon. Kaya bumati ka na," Siniko pa 'ko ni Jhoana. Napakalakas, nalimutan niya yatang balobolista siya. 

"Aray!" Angil ko. "Ate Ly, 'yong alaga mo, I think she elbowed me in my lungs!" Reklamo ko. Inirapan naman ako ni Jhoana. 

"She has a point, Thirds. Bumati ka na para sa ikatatahimik ng fans niyo," Natatawang sabi ni ate Ly. Umiling naman ako. 

"Pagong talaga," I heard Jhoana. Nagpanggap nalang akong 'di ko siya narinig. I had no energy to argue. 

Sa totoo lang, babati talaga ako. Kung tutuusin, kahit hindi nila sabihin ay babati talaga ako. I don't want to do it right away just because they're telling me that I should, or for the sake of everyone. 

I also don't want to act on my feelings just because a lot of people are waiting for us to end up together. Believe it or not, we really want to end up together. But at some point, even if we didn't work out the first time we've been together, we were still grateful for each other. I am beyond grateful for her existence. 

Bea is special to me. She's not just my person. Her existence and whole being is my living sanity. For her, I could risk anything and everything. 'Di bali nang mawalan ako, huwag lang siya ang mawala sa'kin. 

I tried going out with girls. They were perfect. But it's Bea whom my heart screams and beats for. If we make it work this time, I will do everything I could to make her stay. 

"Woo! Happy birthday naman, madam Bea!" I looked to where everybody was pointing at. 

It was Bea.

She was wearing a mask. It became a hindrance for me to see her beautiful face. But her eyes became more chinky, I knew she was smiling behind her mask. 

"Thank you!" Namamaos niyang sigaw. 

I wanted to hug her so bad but I couldn't. 

I went to Tita Det and Tito Elmer. They turned to me immediately. They probably felt my presence behind them. 

"O, Thirdy? Kain pa! May kailangan ka ba?" I gave them a small smile before shaking my head. 

"I'd like to ask for your permission lang po sana. If.. I could stay and take care of Beatriz," They exchanged looks before staring at me again. TIta Det smiled.

"Oo naman, Thirdy. Kung hindi makakaabala sa 'yo," My smile widened.

"No, tita. It's actually fine. Anything for Bea," I smiled. I saw a small smile plastered on tito Elmer's face. He tapped my shoulder. 

"Take care of my daughter, Ferdinand." After our small chat, I went inside to take a shower. After dressing up, I sent Dani a message to give them a heads up. 

To: twinnie

Hindi ako uuwi. Huwag niyo na 'kong hintayin. 

Hindi nagtagal ay agad na nag-reply si Dani. 

From: twinnie

Ok, take care. Send my love to ate Bei. 

Akala ko ay tapos na siya kaya itatago ko na sana ang cellphone ko nang mag-message na naman siya, humihirit pa. 

From: twinnie

+ I'm not too young to be a tita na. If ever lang naman. Love you :*

Napairap ako. 

I went back to the pool area and kissed everybody goodnight. Nag-suot na 'ko ng mask nang makarating sa hagdan. I went up and stopped in front of Bea's door. I breathed in before going inside. 

I saw her playing a guitar. Nakatalikod siya sa'kin kaya siguro hindi ako napansin. She was playing Forevermore. It was the first song I sang to her. I even taught her how to play it on the guitar. 

I smiled. She remembers everything. 

"All those years, I've longed to hold you here in my arms, I've been dreaming of you." She sang.

"Every night, I've been watching all the stars that fall down, wishing you would be mine.. I am just here, waiting for you to be mine now," I smiled when I realized she changed the lyrics. 

I walked and sat on her bed. Hindi niya pa rin ako napapansin. 

"You were just a dream that I once knew. Never thought I could be right for you," She changed the lyrics again. 

Tears started to build up in my eyes. Yet, I still managed to smile. 

For a moment, I was scared. I wanted to take a risk and shoot my shot again for the third time. I was scared that it's too early for us. But then I realized, we can compromise. 

In love, I don't believe there's a 'Right person, wrong timing'. It's just that there are people who are meant to meet and not end up together. If they want to end up together, they would do anything to make things work for them. 

"I just can't compare you with anything in this world. You're all I need, my love, forevermore." She changed the lyrics again. 

Napasinghot ako kaya't napatigil siya sa pag gigitara at lumingon sa'kin, nagugulat. 

"Oh my gosh! You startled me. You talaga!" She dramatically held her chest. I chuckled while wiping my own tears.

"What are you doing here? I'm in quarantine!" She said, putting her mask on before distancing her self from me. 

"I'm here to take care of you, Bea.." I said before taking my mask off.

"And.. to talk to you," Her eyebrows furrowed in confusion. 

"I'm sorry if I made you wait. I'm sorry for coming home this late.." I looked down. 

"Will you.. figure things out with me?" I looked at her. Her eyes were a bit wide. Shocked. 

"Oh.. Of course, Thirdy," She walked to me before sitting beside me. She hugged me. 

That's how we gave our love another chance. We slowly figured things out. Hoping that one day, when everything falls into place. we'll be able to spend every minute we have left in our lifetime. 

When I had her back in my arms, I swore that I will not let her slip away from my grip. 

I vow to hold her, and hold on to our love until the end of infinity.

3rd_e: hbd @_beadel.

***

my unrevised work: https://twitter.com/iiisadeI/status/1509905478322556929

any plot suggestion? lmk :)