Reunion in La Union

This update may be an eyesore for some of you. You may read it or you may wait until the next update. I'm deeply sorry. 

Gian x Dani, KiefLy & ThirBea on a Sunday. 

***
THIRDY

"Isabel, natutulog ka pa ba?"

She flashed me a small smile before hugging me on the side and kissing me on my cheek. I was busy cooking breakfast for everyone. Kauuwi niya lang before I woke up. Nung magising kasi ako ay nagta-tanggal palang siya ng white coat at maliligo palang. 

"Sana natulog ka pa," I glanced at the clock. Halos thirty minutes lang siyang nagpahinga. Kulang na kulang talaga. 

"It's fine, baby. I waited for this vacation, 'no!" She opened our two-door refrigerator to get some iced coffee. 

Ever since she became the Medical Director in Paras Medical, she got busier than ever. But despite her busy sched, when she comes home from work, she goes straight to the kitchen after freshening up. She would often prepare breakfast for us. Francine would always tell her mom that she prefers hot lunch kesa magluto pa si Bea. 

"Puro kape nalang laman ng sistema mo. Why don't you just go back to bed?" Tanong ko nang kumuha pa siya ng isa pang bote sa ref. 

"I need lots of energy today. It's family day!" I shook my head when I glanced at her. Pilipilit maging hyper pero 'yong mata niya, pipikit na. 

Sinara ko na ang stove at nilagay na sa lamesa ang mga niluto ko. I just cooked hotdogs, bacons and eggs. I didn't bother to cook fried rice since we prefer toasted breads for breakfast. Isabel volunteered to wash the dishes. Hindi na 'ko kumontra. Her temper is short lalo na't wala pa siyang tulog. 

After setting the table, I went up to wake Francine up. I was surprised to see her studying in her bed already. Bukas pa ang smart TV niya. She was studying about cardiology. A case disease was playing on the Television while she was probably taking own notes on her iPad. 

"Good morning, love." 

She was shocked when she turned to me. Bahagya pa siyang nanginig. Nagulat ko yata talaga siya. 

"You're up early, daddy!" I closed the door behind me before sitting next to her. I kissed her forehead before looking at what she is doing on her iPad. I was right. She was taking down notes on a flowchart. 

"Says the one who's studying at this ungodly hour," I glanced at the digital clock placed on her side table. It's 2 AM in the morning. We're supposed to leave at 5 AM para hindi kami masunog sa ilalim ng araw mamaya. 

We're going to La Union to spend the rest of the day in the beach. It's been a long time since we had a vacation and we really needed this. I called Manong and Gian three days ago. I asked them to have a family vacation in La Union with us. These past few weeks have been tough for all of us, especially for Francine and Bea.