PROLOGUE

Another wave crashed against the ship. The chains of the Captain's boots clatter against each other as he walks along the floorboards. "Another one," a sailor said.

The Captain gazed at the ocean. He swore he heard the siren's voice.

"Jacques, have you heard the tale about the waves?"

The sailor looked up at the Captain, "No, I never heard that story." With that, a wave pounded against the ship.

The Captain pulled up two barrels and sat on one. He patted on the empty barrel for Jacques to sit and that he did. "Well, where should I start? Oh, yes! Once upon a time, there was a Siren. This siren was not any siren. She was the daughter of the sea god, Ambudhi." The Captain saw Jacques's face. The story enchanted him.

"What happened next?" Jacques asked.

"Well, she was the daughter of a god. So, that means she was a Goddess. However, she had a powerful voice that could control the waves with her singing," replied the Captain. His ears perked up after hearing a strange humming sound from the sea.

"Keep going."

The Captain looked at a bottle of rum. "At the time when ships carried rum for countries, a leakage of rum went into the sea, causing the Goddess to lose her voice. For thousands of years, the siren couldn't guide the waves."

"And all that was because of a bottle of rum?" Jacques asked, looking at the Captain, confused. The waves crashed against the ship. The Captain continued to tell the story.

"There's more. Since the Marine Mammals were not used to the pungent smell, it caused them to hide away. Due to the absence of the sea creatures, the Goddess took the matter into her own hands."

"What did she do? Did the rum get her ill?"

As the Captain thought about Jacques's question, gray clouds began to form over the blue sky. Massive raindrops start falling on the deck. "She tried to find where the rum was coming from. Unfortunately, she lost her voice while solving this rum leakage."

"Oh my! How did she lose her voice? What happened to the waves? She lost her voice. How could she control the waves if she can't even sing?" Jacques asked, with concern in his voice.

"Like the Marine Mammals, she was not used to the smell. As I said, no sea animals were not familiar with the disruption in the ocean. As for the waves, they had no one to tell them what to do. They were like lost puppies with no mother." replied the Captain.

"Just one more question. Well, two questions. Did the Goddess ever get her voice back, and has anyone met her?"

"She did, but no one knows how. It's a mystery! The Goddess does not like showing herself to people, but she had to when it came to fixing the rum situation."

"Maybe, I will meet her," Jacques said proudly.

The Captain chuckled, "My boy, you might get to."

From that day forward, Jacques sailed the seven seas waiting for the time he would get the opportunity to meet the Goddess. As Jacques sailed on the ocean, he heard the same humming sound as the Captain once did before him.

*****

Deep within the vast expanse of the ocean, there existed a magnificent kingdom, one that was home to an array of sea creatures, including the merfolk. For countless centuries, the empire had been under the rule of the fair and just King Ambudhi. However, this tale does not revolve around the king and his reign but rather about his beloved daughter, Arieshell, the only female heir to the throne. 

Despite her divine status as a siren and her mighty god powers, Arieshell's elder brother, Prince Abijam, always remained fiercely protective of her. He was constantly concerned about her safety, even though she was fully capable of taking care of herself and handling any trouble that may come her way. 

As she elegantly swam through the vibrant coral reefs, Arieshell was greeted by the sea creatures stationed at the palace gates, as was their custom. It had become a joyous tradition for the welcoming sea creatures to acknowledge the presence of the young princess whenever she passed by. "Thank you! You are too kind," Arieshell swam to her father's throne.

"Good morning, Father."

"Good morning, dear."

"I have gone to see what humans were doing," exclaimed Arieshell.

"Arieshell, we have gone over this. Don't let the humans see you," replied Ambudhi.

Arieshell sighed, "Is this about what happened a hundred years ago?"

"Of course! You don't know what those humans are up to."

"Father, I can handle myself," exclaimed Areshell.

Ambudhi rubbed his forehead. 

The sound of trumpets came from outside. 

Abijam swam in the throne room along with two Great White Sharks. "Oh, look who's back," announced Abijam. 

 "Hello, brother," replied Arieshell. 

 "Where were you this morning?" 

 Areshell hesitated to answer. She looked at her father for advice. However, Ambudhi swam to his throne and sat on it. 

 "You were at the surface, weren't you?" asked Abijam while crossing his arms. 

 "Oh please, no one saw me," replied Arieshell. 

 "Yes, but they could hear you singing. No one can know sirens and merfolk exist." 

 "Oh, and why do I use my voice to control the waves when sailors can hear it?" Areshell asked, crossing her arms.

She swam into her room. Areshell was frustrated with her brother. She wasn't a child. Areshell wanted to show her family she could take care of herself. They didn't fix the waves she did. She can control the waves, not them. 

 Areshell jumped when she heard loud bangs coming above the ocean. She looked up and saw various colors. Arieshell swam to the surface and saw fireworks lit up the night sky. Her eyes shimmered when she saw a ship sailing across the sea. To Arieshell's curiosity, she swam towards the massive boat.