11 - Spring Grove Asylum: Armand And Lou

"Armand, you have some visitors. Come with me," Soliel ordered.

A low groan came from the tight and narrow room. A miniature candle illuminated the slim cot and a burly man. He sat hunched over with his fuzzy black hair hanging over his face.

The man moved slightly, but he refused to stand up.

"Armand, please. They came all the way here to-"

"The hell they..." The man interrupted.

"Pardon me, Monsieur Armand. We need to talk," expressed Jacques.

Jacques noticed the man's eyebrow raise. His posture straightened, giving a monstrous stance. The black and white straightjacket barely hid Armand's muscular physique. His sapphire eyes were truly magical.

Armand gave him a confused expression as if he couldn't comprehend their sudden visit. As Jacques turned around, he noticed Armand's eyes seemed to be fixated on something behind him, as if he had seen a familiar face he wasn't expecting to see.

"Belle? I-"

"Armand, please! I want you to know I had no part in putting you here. Your-"

"No! I know you weren't a part of his plan. Though I am hurt. I hope you know that I don't blame you."

Jacques placed his hand on Belle's shoulder, reassuring her.

"My apologies. My name is Jacques, and they are my friends, Arieshell and Gus. It's a pleasure to meet you."

"It's nice to meet you. I guess you all know my name is Armand," he chuckled.

"Armand, come with me. I'll let Lune know to get Lou. They will meet us in the sunroom," demanded Soliel.

Armand nodded as Jacques watched him get escorted by Soliel. He gave Arieshell a slight smile before following Armand and Soliel. As they entered the sunroom, Lune joined them with Lou.

In Jacques's view of Lou, he had his dark brown hair in a messy ponytail and seemed shorter than Armand. Lou's outfit was identical black and white stripes. His skin had an overlay of dirt and grime.

"Lou, if you may, take a seat," gestured Lune.

"Yes, sir," he replied.

Lou sat beside Armand while Soliel motioned for Belle and Arieshell to take their seats. Jacques stood behind the two women. Meanwhile, Gus paced back and forth. Soliel and Lune stood on either side of the room, holding their posture.

"So," Armand paused, clasping his hands together. "What brings you here? After all, no person would want to see, speak to, or be in the same room as a homosexual."

Jacques cracked a sly grin. "Although your Uncle has strong opinions about people who express affection for the same gender, it doesn't diminish their value in society. You and Lou contribute significantly to safeguarding our small village."

"I give you my gratitude. Not many people would comprehend something so forbidden," he hesitated, "People fear things that they do not understand."

"Trust me, there is more to this world than meets the eye. That's what everyone is afraid of."

"Jacques, I never knew you were so insightful," exclaimed Belle.

"When you have an awful upbringing, it's difficult to dismiss the corrupt people in the world."

Jacques caught a glimpse of Belle's head drooping. He sensed her pain, heard her heartache, and saw her tormented soul. As a member of a damaged and tainted household, Jacques understood Belle's despair.

Lou broke the silence with a high-pitched voice. "I thank you for coming to our rescue, but sitting here expressing solace isn't going to assist us in escaping this shit prison."