6 - Find Her

There was a sudden loud growl from the throne room, causing a petite merman to quiver in fear.

"What do you mean she's gone?" the king demanded, his muscular body tensed with anger.

The guard stammered, "I'm sorry, Your Majesty, but she's nowhere to be found."

Frustrated, the king stood up from his throne and glared at the guard.

"What do you mean she's not there?" he bellowed, his voice echoing through the room.

At that moment, a young man entered the room, looking confused. His brown eyes darted between his father and the guard. "What's going on?" he asked.

The king let out a long sigh. "Your sister has disappeared."

The young man clenched his jaw. "Is she on land?"

The king nodded. "That's the only place she could be. She's not in the sea."

Abijam's eyes widened at the unforeseen reaction, but he managed to maintain his composure and conceal any indications of uneasiness. Despite the unexpected events, he remained poised and calmly handled the situation.

"Well, that means," he paused, "We have to go on land. Don't we?"

With a decisive nod, Ambudhi gave the guard a clear directive, "Assemble a team immediately! We must locate the Princess."

Amidst the vigorous preparations for an impending battle, Ambudhi and Abijam remained steadfast and focused. As they braced themselves for the imminent fight, a vigilant guard swiftly swam away to rally the remaining troops. The atmosphere was fraught with tension and urgency, as every moment counted towards the outcome of the impending conflict.

Upon casting his gaze upon his father. Abijam's countenance revealed a deep-seated unease. Intense feelings of apprehension flooded his being, causing him to feel uncertain about the trajectory of his future.

"What's the matter, son?"

"Is all this," he paused, "Necessary?"

"Abijam, I regret to inform you that your sister is presently in an unfamiliar place, and we are not aware of her whereabouts or if she has sustained any severe injuries."

"I understand your point, but having a whole army seems excessive. It could catch the Humans off guard, and they may not be prepared for it."

Ambudhi glared at his son and demanded. "Since when do you care about humans' safety?"

"I am primarily concerned with ensuring Arieshell's safety. However, if we involve the army in our efforts, there is a possibility that she may refuse to accompany us back," Abijam responded.

The king took a moment to reply, silently cursing himself for realizing the validity of his son's argument. Ambudhi let out a long sigh and faced his son with a defeated facial expression. He turned to the guard.

He instructed the soldiers to follow but emphasized that they should hold off on attacking until he gave the command. He turned to his son and stressed the importance of preventing the Princess from retreating again.

"Thank you, Father."

Abijam observed his father silently nodding his head without uttering a single word. He never thought he could persuade his father, as his father's word was usually final, and no one else's opinion mattered.

"We must determine her last known whereabouts before she went missing," declared the king.

"Right. Should we hold a council meeting?"

"Please clarify the relevance of a council meeting to locate your sister. Why is it important to address the council?"

"Firstly, it is essential to acknowledge the Princess's absence from the merpeople. Failing to inform them would be unwise," Abijam firmly responded. "Additionally, if anyone has information on her whereabouts before her disappearance, it could greatly aid in locating her."