2 - The Reveal

"Well, Go on. Lift the net!" Jacques said impatiently.

Without hesitation, a crew member lifted the net out of the water. Jacques's face went pale. He couldn't speak. Instead of multiple fish, there was only a big fish. It wasn't a fish. It was a female but with a tail!

Jacques couldn't believe it. It was the same woman from his dream. Her red wavy hair glimmered in the sunlight. The woman stared Jacques into his eyes. He looked away, feeling flushed.

Jacques gestured to one of his crew members to let the woman out of the net. The man cut the net, allowing the woman to fall to the ground. Everyone on the ship froze in their tracks.
The tail of the woman magically turned into legs. 

Jacques moved his body towards the woman. He studied her body but did not find an explanation for how she turned her tail into feet. She can not be the Sea Goddess, can she? Jacques eyed the beautiful woman.

"Someone get me a blanket," said Jacques.

A minute later, Gus ran towards Jacques. He handed the red blanket to Jacques. Jacques smiled at the woman. The woman smiled at Jacques. Her soft smile made Jacques melt in her enchantment. Jacques helped her up and led her into his Captain's cabin.

Jacques helped the woman sit on his chair. The woman looked out the window. Jacques noticed her uneasiness about being on the ship. He didn't know how to make her feel better. Jacques didn't know her name. He only knew she was the same woman in his dream.

*****

Arieshell watched the waves flow softly against the wind. She didn't think she would make it this far. Areishell's plan worked, but how? She didn't know. Jacques continued to glance at her from time to time. He didn't know how to approach her. Of course, Arieshell knew that. 

The chair she was sitting in was surely comfortable. Arieshell wondered why sirens and merfolk couldn't come to the surface. Humans had it made for them. Sea life has been fighting for their freedom for thousands of years. Of course, they got to swim wherever they desired. However, it didn't stop the humans from hunting and eating them.

Arieshell's thoughts got cut off by Jacques. He was standing in front of her. She noticed he was analyzing her. 

"See something you like?" she asked, biting her lip.

"N-no? Why did you ask that question?" 

"Because you act as if you know me," replied Areishell.

"It's just I never saw a siren before."

"You're lying to me. You have. I know you have. I have been watching you since you were little."

"Wait! Does this mean you are the same siren I have been hearing, and you are in my dreams?" asked Jacques. 

Arieshell caressed Jacques's cheek. She admired the young man's innocence. The way he presented himself to her was a day she won't forget. The timid sailor waited for her to speak. However, Arieshell took this moment to gaze upon Jacques. She smiled and opened her lips.

"Spoilers!" Arieshell teased.

"I want to know. Are you the woman in my dreams?"

"Jacques, answers will come but not right now." 

"Fine! At least give me your name. I deserve to know that much. You owe me that," Jacques said.

"Very well, my name is Arieshell."

"Arieshell! That's a lovely name."

Arieshell smiled. She appreciated Jacques's charming manner, despite Jacques being at sea for most of his life. He had a charm that Arieshell liked. Jacques wasn't a charming prince, but that is what makes him perfect. 

She watched him intently. Arieshell noticed that Jacques had a pink dress in his hand. She blushed at his thoughtfulness. Jacques walked towards her. He placed next to Arieshell gently. The dress had sparkles and lace all over it. 

"I'll leave you to get dressed."

"Thank you."

Jacques nodded, "I will be outside if you need anything."

She watched him walk out of the room. Arieshell look at the dress. She stood up and dried herself off with the blanket that covered her. She blushed when she realized she wasn't wearing clothes. Her slim body stood in the sunlight. Wow! I didn't look like this before. Arieshell looked at herself in the mirror. 

She liked what she saw. Arieshell gasped, remembering Jacques was waiting for her. She grabbed the dress and put it on. Arieshell was flabbergasted that the dress fit her like a glove. She spun around to let the dress flow. She smiled and walked to the door. 

Arieshell placed her hand on the doorknob. She slowly turned the doorknob and opened the door to peek outside. The men were hard at work, and Jacques was looking at the end beyond. Arieshell noticed the color of their skin. Some men had lighter, and some had darker, a glimpse of sunlight priced on her hand. 

She noticed the color of her skin. It was a dark color. Like chocolate, but a little bit lighter. This was the first time Arieshell analyzed her body in depth. Jacques noticed her in the doorway of his cabin. He had a smile on his face. However, the smile faded when Jacques saw what she was doing. Jacques walked up to her. 

"Arieshell, what are you doing?"

"Huh? Oh, I noticed something that I haven't known before," she replied.

"You're beautiful just the way you are." 

"You're just saying that." 

"I am not! It's the truth," he demanded. 

"Jacques, I'm not stupid. I know what your kind does to people of a different skin color than theirs."

"Not everyone is like that, Arieshell. It's only people with power who are close-minded," Jacques tried to explain.

Arieshell didn't reply. She didn't know if she should believe Jacques. After all, she didn't know what she looked like. Arieshell wasn't surprised. Humans are complicated species. Whenever something is different or can't be explained. They attack it with no mercy or regret. Not every human was like this, but Arieshell was surprised at how many there were.

"I need time to think," she said.

"Alright, but we'll be at land in a few hours," Jacques replied.

Arieshell nodded. She didn't know how to feel about it. What if people start looking at her weirdly? What if they will attack her? There were so many questions in her head. Her hair was a whole other issue. Arieshell didn't know what a lot of women looked like. She had only seen men before. 

"What if-" Arieshell said while walking back to Jacques's cabin.