Chapter Twelve

Autumn stirred at the gentle sway in which her body moved, the clapping of feet on dirt sounded like an applause that roused her from sleep. She opened her eyes, looking up at the sky through the thick foliage of trees slowly creeping past her. The image looked familiar, as she slowly leaned up, rubbing her eyes with her knuckles.

    "Rise and shine, pumpkin." Her fathers voice cooed to her. Autumn jumped at the sound of him, looking over in shock as he smiled down at her. He ran his fingers through her hair affectionately, messing it more from her slumber.

    "Dad?" Autumn said in disbelief. "What are you-" She looked around, and saw she lay in a small wooden carriage. In it with her, covered snugly in bankets, were her siblings. They were small, and sound asleep. She studied them for a moment. Vick and Arcis cuddling together as children. Something seemed off. She reached over and poked Arcus, as if to see if he was real, but she didn't know why. Why wouldn't he be real? Autumn looked down at herself now, and realized she was in a childs body again.

    She realized why it seemed familiar. It was a memory.

    "Am I dreaming?" She asked. Her voice was quiet and petite, she hadn't felt this way in a long time.
    "Of course not. You're awake now, arent you?" He pointed out to her.
    "Yeah..." Autumn rubbed her eyes again and yawned. Her father walked next to the open carriage, but he held up a finger to his mouth, shushing her.
    "Quiet, now. You don't wanna wake the baby."
    "Baby?" Autumn looked in the carriage again, and saw a small face hidden in the bundle of blankets next to her. She peeked inside, and saw Erens tiny face wrinkled up in sleep, her younger brother. Autumn smiled, gently leaning over and stroking his soft skin.

    "I had a horrible dream."
    "Oh?"
    "Yeah. Eren wasn't in it though."
    "Why's that?"
    "In my dream, he got really sick." Her father scowled at her as she spoke, "We sent him away one day, and he never came back." Autumn looked over at her Dad, "What happened to him? Did we not love him enough for him to come back?"
    "We loved him more than anything. He went to live with your mother."
    "Mother?" Autumn looked around, and saw Victoria walking silently on the opposite side of them. A memory came to Autumn, something awful that Victoria had done to her. Autumn wrinkled up her face and raised her hand towards her, lifting her middle finger. Her father leaned over and pulled her finger down, giggling.

    "Now now, you dont want her to burn you up again." He laughed quietly. Autumn felt her stomach drop at the disturbing joke, but she felt no emotion towards it, like her feelings were hidden in the back of her mind.
Autumn yawned again, "Where are we going?"
    "To your mother."
    "But, shes right there." Autumn pointed at Victoria.
    "No, sweetheart. Your other mother."
    "With Eren?"
    "Yes."

    "Ok," Autumn pulled the blankets back over her, snuggling up in them, "I missed him, Dad."
    "I know, pumpkin."
    "I missed everyone," Autumn looked at the boys sleeping peacefully, and her eyes began to drip with tears, her emotions suddenly rising to the surface, "I miss you, Dad."
    "Why? I'm right here." He reached over and rubbed her cheek. Autumn began to cry harder.
    "In my dream, we were attacked. I don't know where you are." She looked at Arcus, "I think I hurt him." She looked at Victoria, "I think she hurt me."
    "No, honey," Her father smiled, "She killed you, and you killed him."
    "Dad," Autumn took hold of his hand, squeezing it hard, "Are you alive?"
    "I don't think so, pumpkin." Her fathers smile fell, and his voice became distorted, "It's time to wake up."

    "I'm tired, Dad. I'm really, really tired." Autumn leaned back, looking up at the sky as it began to swirl and turn brown.
    "Wake up, Autumn." Autumns eyes grew heavy, and she felt as if she was sinking. Suddenly, someone grabbed her by the neck, and her eyes flew open. Vick had his iron claws around her skin, an evil smile on his lips. His eyes were dripping with crimson red blood, falling onto her face like water droplets.
    "Wake up!" He roared.