Perfectly Imperfect... Bliss

As much as they wanted that moment to last, it was interrupted by the sound of Felix's phone. It was Changbin, calling to check up on the both of them. This brought them back to reality. Changbin exists, and what they just had was just a speck of what was supposed to be. Felix let go of Hyunjin's hand right away. "Hi Binnie, good morning. Have you had breakfast?" asked Felix. Hyunjin continued to drink his coffee as he watched Felix talk to Changbin on the phone. "Yes Binnie, I'll come home before you leave for your convention. Yes, I will help you pack." Felix answered Changbin. Hyunjin did not mean to listen, but he can't help but be curious about how Changbin and Felix are as a couple. He sat quietly sipping on his coffee across Felix, not meaning to eavesdrop, but he is. "I think he is recovering. Do you want to talk to him? We are having breakfast right now, Im just glad he is able to sit up and eat." Felix puts Changbin on speaker as he looks at Hyunjin with an urging smile. "He is listening Binnie!" said Felix over the phone. "Hey Bin! Sorry I had to take Felix from you for a couple of days. Apparently, I needed a nurse with the best bedside manner!" said Hyunjin smiling at his sarcasm while looking at Felix who frowned back at him. "Oh yeah, Tell me about it! Did he force you to take the pills without water yet?" chimed Changbin with a laughter. "BINNIE!" yelled Felix pretending to be angry and hurt. "Nope, not yet! But I will be ready!" said Hyunjin. "Thanks again Bin! I'll return Felix without any scratches or dings!" added Hyunjin. "Hyunjin!" Felix exclaimed and grabbed the phone from Hyunjin's hand. Felix turned off the speaker and spoke to Changbin. "Hey Binnie, I will come home tonight and get your stuff ready for the convention. I will need to come back here until I am sure that Hyunjin is fully recovered. Maybe Sunday, I should be home to see you off for your convention. Yes, I will bring you to the airport. Yes Binnie, I know and I have not forgotten. I feel the same. Ok. Bye." Felix ended the phone call and then turned towards Hyunjin, who now has a big smile on his face. "What are you smiling about?" Asked Felix. "Oh nothing, I'm just happy. Thats all." replied Hyunjin as he takes another sip from his cup. "Ok Mr. Hwang, lets finish up breakfast so you can take your meds and get back in bed." Said Felix with a very serious face. "Yes Sir!" Said Hyunjin with a laugh. They quietly finished breakfast together, with quiet glances and moments of reaching for each others hand. Hyunjin was happy. This was what his heart needed. Spending the morning with the one person he loves.

Felix's mind on the other hand, was racing. He just made an unrealized decision of spending 3 more days with Hyunjin when he knows He was well enough to take care of himself. Why was he now allowing Hyunjin to hold his hand without hesitation. Why did he allow himself to call him "Jinnie". Why does this morning feel like home to him. Like it was perfect and everything was in place. These questions keep repeating itself in Felix's head. All that while he was holding Hyunjin's hand as well. He glanced up from his cup of tea only to find Hyunjin was looking at him lovingly. "Did you sleep on the couch this whole time Yongbok?" Hyunjin asked. "Yeah, its very comfortable." Replied Felix sarcastically. They both laughed at this comment. "Except for the second night when your fever was really high. You were delirious Jinnie, I got scared. You were saying things..." he stopped himself before anything else spilled out. "Yeah, I gave you your meds and waited till you went back to sleep. But when I tried to get up from the bed, you wouldn't want to let go of me and asked me to stay."  Felix continued. "I was just going to stay until you were in deep sleep, but I fell asleep also." Felix concluded. Hyunjin smiled, he realized he was not dreaming when he woke up that night and saw Felix sleeping beside him. "So it was not a dream..." Hyunjin said. "I sort of woke up for a bit that night and saw you sleeping next to me with your arm around my chest." He continued. Felix smiled and tried to hide his red face by taking another sip of tea. "Thank you again Yongbok." Hyunjin said. "Thank you for cleaning up also and uhh, I guess, rearranging everything?" Hyunjin said with an inquisitive look on his face. Felix gave a chuckle before answering. "I hope you don't mind the rearranging." Felix said. "I actually like it! Did you do all of this?" Hyunjin replied.  "Well, Changbin actually did almost everything, isnt it nice!" Felix answered in delight. "OMG! Do I need to pay him?" Hyunjin asked in panic. Felix gave out a hearty laugh. "Nice one Jinnie! No, you don't owe him anything." Felix answered while still giggling. "The only room we didn't touch is that locked one over there. We figured that would be your dark room, right?" Felix asked. Hyunjin nodded in response and took a sip of his coffee with a smirk. "What?? Whats with that smirk Mr. Hwang?" Felix asked in annoyance. "Nothing, I'm just waiting...." Hyunjin replied. Felix smiled, "Will you show me around your dark room Hyunnie?" Felix said sarcastically but with the sweetest smile. Without hesitation, Hyunjin stood up and grabbed Felix by the hand and lead him to the locked door. Hyunjin took off the key which was hanging around his neck and unlocked the door. "I need you to close your eyes first, Yongbok." Hyunjin said. As soon as Felix closed his eyes, Hyunjin opened the door and took Felix by the hand to lead him inside. "Excuse the chemical smell, Yongbok." Hyunjin apologized. He continued to lead Felix towards the center of the room, facing towards the back wall where pictures hung. Some to dry, the others where Hyunjin's surprise for Felix.