Ravn

Hello my beautiful people! ❤

⚠️ This work contains SPOILERS of my previous work "A Wish Upon The Moon"!! Please, read it first if you don't want to ruin your experience with this new work of mine!! ⚠️

Here I can finally show you the prequel to my previous work "A Wish Upon The Moon" lots of you were so kind to request! I'm so sorry for the long wait, it has been a tough couple of months filled with changes in my life and this story has always been here for me to escape from reality. So, just to let you know, this story is going to be 10 chapters long and I'm going to update it weekly on every Monday, but you can subscribe if you don't want to miss any updates and follow me on Twitter (@likeasky21) to chat about whatever ❤

This story is full of music and ambience videos I carefully chose, that's why you are going to find links scattered here and there from chapter to chapter. Please, click on them when you see them to let me drag you in the best mood for of the scene! This entire work is a mix of ONEUS "Come Back Home" video's aesthetics, their absolutely marvelous cover of "Be Mine" and the way these characters had had the power to act in my imagination without my consent, I hope you will enjoy every consequences that came out of it.

Quick language disclaimer: English is not my mother tongue so I apologize in advance for any mistake or strange sentence! I'm also aware princes should be addressed as "Your Highness" while kings as "Your Majesty" but I have grown fond of using the latter to address Youngjo so I just left it like that, I hope you don't mind!

I want to thank D. M. V. K. and S. for being such precious supporters and for baring with all my existential doubts about this book. I don't know what I would have done without your kind words and useful pieces of advice ❤

Now I will leave you to it then, please let me know what you think about it! ❤

***

"Ser Yeo from the East Land!" One of the king's man announced before two knights parted the curtains separating Hwanwoong from the view of the arena. When he stepped forward, the brightness of the sun blinded him for a moment before everything became slowly clear in his eyes: many knights like him were already standing on the battlefield to pay their respect to the king of the Kingdom of Roses who was sitting at the perfect seat to enjoy the most important sword tournament of the year. The crowd of people in the stands that came from the highest to the lowest class was loud and buzzing in excitement while wondering if someone this time would have defeated Ravn.

'Ravn' was an ancient way of writing the word 'raven' and the people of the Kingdom of Roses had started using the nickname to address the prince, Kim Youngjo, from the very first time he had won the tournament at the age of eighteen, the youngest participant who had achieved such record. Ravn who had also always had black hair and who had taken part in the competition looking like a raven in his completely black armor – a gift from the armorers of the court for the occasion – had stood out in the eyes of the public in addition to his remarkable fighting skills so, the nickname had soon become the way everyone would have called him as soon as he held a sword.

Hwanwoong walked down the stairs to reach the other knights as he heard the same man announcing the name of another knight, entering right behind him. He smiled at the cheers and the words of encouragement people were sending to everyone who would walk down those stairs, hoping to go back with Ravn's helmet in their hands. Hwanwoong's eyes found the prince easily amongst the other gentlemen in armor because of his peculiar color. He couldn't help smirking: he was so close.