A Beautiful Knight

Hello my beautiful people ❤ Another chapter, another amazing fan art created by my incredible friend D! Here's the link to the full, uncensored drawing (sometimes I had to due to Wattpad's rules): https://www.deviantart.com/shineunderthemoon/art/OF-ROSES-AND-DAISIES-fic-on-Ao3-Chapter-5-925229894 Please, always support artists like this

⚠️This story is full of music and ambience videos I carefully chose, that's why you are going to find links scattered here and there from chapter to chapter. Please, click on them when you see them to let me drag you in the best mood for of the scene! ❤

***

Hwanwoong abruptly threw his father's letter in the fireplace of his room, kicking the nearest chair and making it fall on the ground with a loud thud. The king of the Kingdom of Daisies had just shared with his son his well-planned attack to the Kingdom of Roses in which Hwanwoong would have played a fundamental role. According to his father's words, to kill Prince Youngjo wasn't his priority anymore but his son would have had the key part of gaining the prince's full trust instead. The king of Daisies had ordered Hwanwoong to do everything in his power in order to become Youngjo's new lifeguard so that he could have reported to his father every piece of useful information he could get.

The prince of Daisies stared at his father's written words burning in between the flames and he couldn't help thinking about what he had actually been doing during the last couple of months. He had been meeting the royal knights every day and he had always had individual training sessions with Prince Youngjo that had usually ended up becoming something more when no one was around and they had found themselves in the hollow space of the armory again. He had even stopped swearing to himself he wouldn't have allowed the other to even touch him the next day because the truth was that his body always ended up pressed against Youngjo's, no matter how hard he tried to hold back.

Hwanwoong remembered the way he had felt when he had fallen sick once, when he was way younger. He had caught a bad kind of fever and he hadn't been able to move at all for at least two weeks. He had felt drained of all his strength, deprived of his own will even. To be close to the other prince made him feel the exact same way. At the time, he had healed thanks to the skillful doctors working at his royal court but... What could have cured his body from Youngjo's disease? It was stronger than a fever, more insidious than a virus and it was slowly taking over his soul.

The prince of Daisies massaged his own temples, trying to calm down ending up panicking instead. If he hadn't followed the king's orders, he would have certainly sent someone to kill him, to kill his own son, Hwanwoong had no doubts on that but, on the other hand, if he had followed them...

"I hate you." He messed up his hair, cursing right after when he recognized the scent of Youngjo's skin on his own as if the other were constantly and involuntarily reminding him his existence.

Yeo Hwanwoong was the one and only prince of the Kingdom of Daisies and he had duties and responsibilities to carry on. If the king wanted him to be his spy, then Hwanwoong would have become his best informer. He just needed to be careful and to keep his heart from getting as involved with the prince of Roses as much as his body was already becoming.

***

Hwanwoong was sleepy and annoyed. As his white horse was happily carrying him through the woods, the prince of Daisies couldn't help wondering why on earth Youngjo had asked him to wake up at the first lights of the day to train together somewhere more 'challenging' as he had defined it. Hwanwoong didn't mind the level up of his training but he really wasn't a morning person, so much he had fallen asleep several times during their journey, lulled by the constant movements of his horse.