Hwanwoong

Hello my beautiful people ❤ Another chapter, another amazing fan art created by my incredible friend D! Here's the link to the full, uncensored drawing (sometimes I had to due to Wattpad's rules): https://www.deviantart.com/shineunderthemoon/art/OF-ROSES-AND-DAISIES-CHAPTER-8-FIC-ON-AO3-927584067 Please, always support artists like this

⚠️This story is full of music and ambience videos I carefully chose, that's why you are going to find links scattered here and there from chapter to chapter. Please, click on them when you see them to let me drag you in the best mood for of the scene! ❤

***

"There's a spy in the castle, Your Majesty."

Youngjo was attending another one of those meetings with the most trusted knights and allies of the Kingdom of Roses his father was supposed to take part in. His longest time lifeguard Minhyuk had just called out an emergency reunion to share the latest results of their never-ending investigations on their main enemy in the region of Daisies.

"What makes you think so, Ser Lee?" Youngjo asked with concern.

A spy in the castle was the last thing they needed on the verge of a war.

"Two ambushes in a week. They always seem to know what our next step will be, Your Majesty." Everyone's attention was on the prince's lifeguard. "We need to be extra careful with all our plans. We can't trust anyone, not even who's sitting at this table with us right now."

The air in between every knight and strategist in the room suddenly grew thicker.

Prince Youngjo massaged his temples and he sighed: "We are done for today. I'm sorry but I will have to get all of your rooms checked out by my most trusted knights. Meanwhile, I will report this to the king and we are going to discuss about this tomorrow as well. You may all go now."

As soon as he was left alone in his study, Youngjo's mind felt heavy with thoughts and concerns. His father had been already preparing to attack, ignoring his constant suggestions on a peace deal because of his bloody pride and greed for power and now there was even a spy between them.

Someone knocked at the door.

"Who is it?" Youngjo asked, letting part of his frustration come out with his voice.

"Ser Yeo, Your Majesty."

His knight's soft voice was enough for the prince to rush towards the door. What was he doing there? Dinner time was close and Hwanwoong was usually starting his night guard turn at that time, leaving the prince with either Gunhak or Minhyuk who were both standing outside his door to make sure he was safe and sound. Youngjo collected all his strength to stop right before he could do something suspicious in front of the guards. Then, he took a deep breath to still his tone and he opened the door: "You may enter, knight."

As soon as his voice was heard, Hwanwoong was allowed to enter.

Youngjo didn't even look at the knight but he stepped outside for a moment: "You can leave for now until I will personally call you back. We need to discuss important matters." His guards bowed dutifully without a word before leaving. The prince waited until the two went out of sight and he closed the door, double locking it. Hwanwoong gave him a worried look.

"Important matters-?" The knight began to ask before Youngjo shut his mouth with his own in a desperate kiss. It tasted like stress and negativity and Hwanwoong didn't like that. "Y-Your Maj-" He pushed him a bit away from his body. "Y-Youngjo- Hey..." When he held the prince's face with both his hands, he finally saw his big eyes were struggling to fight back tears. "Calm down, please. What happened during the meeting? You look so upset..." He carefully asked in a whisper.