Just This Once

Hello my beautiful people ❤ Another chapter, another amazing fan art created by my incredible friend D! Here's the link to the full, uncensored drawing (sometimes I had to due to Wattpad's rules): https://www.deviantart.com/shineunderthemoon/art/OF-ROSES-AND-DAISIES-FIC-ON-AO3-CHAPTER-4-924577705 Please, always support artists like this

***

"So, did you read the book, Ser Yeo?" Youngjo suddenly asked as soon as they had silently walked past the big snake he had encountered as well on his way to the bottom of the Ghost Cave.

"Yes, once." Hwanwoong quite coldly replied as he kept looking straight in front of him.

Youngjo couldn't take his eyes off Ser Yeo. His knights were like brothers for him and he knew for a fact none of them had received a sufficiently good education. Some of them didn't even know how to read so, the fact Hwanwoong not only knew how to read but he had also read one of his favorite books really intrigued him. "What do you think about the last chapter?"

"They were two idiots, Your Majesty." Hwanwoong commented.

"Idiots?" Curiosity was eating the prince of Roses now. "Why do you think so?"

"They came from two worlds, too different to meddle with each other." Ser Yeo replied as he tried to focus on following his own traces on the ground. "They shouldn't have fallen in love in the first place in my opinion. They were really two idiots..." Hwanwoong's voice died down as soon as he heard the familiar sound of bats wings flying in the darkness above them.

He was about to remind the prince of Roses to keep quiet not to catch the animals' attention when Youngjo's laugh resonated in the cave: "They were two idiots indeed, Ser Yeo but-"

"Run!!" Hwanwoong said, instinctively grabbing the prince's wrist to drag him away, a moment before a giant flock of bats suddenly started flying everywhere out of fear.

Youngjo's brain went blank as he focused only on running anywhere Ser Yeo would lead him, zigzagging in between rocks in the dark until he finally couldn't hear the sound of wings flapping anymore. The knight left his hand and he stopped, bending down on himself to catch his breath. Youngjo did the same right behind him, trying not to laugh at the situation they had just escaped from. "You are full of talents, Ser Yeo! I hadn't noticed those bats at all!"

Hwanwoong slowly turned his head to give the prince of Roses a quite threatening glare, mindlessly licking his own lips as he was still having trouble breathing properly: "I was about to tell you... It would be more convenient for us not to talk now, Your Majesty."

"My apologies..." He looked down, realizing his curiosity had put both of them in danger.

Youngjo watched the knight stand up straight before pulling out his sword: "We should keep going before the sun sets." Hwanwoong replied, noticing the few bits of light filtering through the walls of the cave were already darkening. "Do you have any sense of direction here?"

The prince of Roses took a look around. He had to admit he had no idea about where they were since he had simply followed Harin towards the bottom of the cave. Youngjo had read many books about many subjects and he had spent a lot of his time practicing with his sword but he had never been a good hunter. The other knights had even defined him as quite clumsy when it came to investigating on traces left by animals or going somewhere and being able to find his way back. "My apologies..." He said once again. "You definitely look like someone who knows what he is doing though, Ser Yeo."