My Love

Hello my beautiful people ❤ Another chapter, another amazing fan art created by my incredible friend D! Here's the link to the full, uncensored drawing (sometimes I had to due to Wattpad's rules): https://www.deviantart.com/shineunderthemoon/art/OF-ROSES-AND-DAISIES-CHAPTER-9-FIC-IN-AO3-930042204 Please, always support artists like this

I can't believe we are close to the end of this, I'm so happy for how much support this prequel is receiving, I love you all for every comment, every kudo, every time you took a moment of your lives to read my story, their story. To all the "A Wish Upon The Moon" readers: you're about to get some real feels! ❤

⚠️This story is full of music and ambience videos I carefully chose, that's why you are going to find links scattered here and there from chapter to chapter. Please, click on them when you see them to let me drag you in the best mood for of the scene! ❤

***

Youngjo woke up in the middle of the night at the sound of someone knocking lightly on the door of his room. He quickly slipped out of his silky sheets and he rushed towards the entrance holding the oil lamp usually resting on his nightstand to light the way. He tapped on the wooden surface once, then twice, then once again. On the other side, someone replied by knocking twice and then once.

Youngjo smiled without realizing: it was him. He had been both waiting and refusing to meet the other prince since Gunhak had told him about the last-minute change of guard turns earlier that day.

He had already planned to talk to Hwanwoong on the day before the battle, after the traditional speech of the king to their army, but he had felt thankful towards Gunhak for inadvertently giving them another more intimate way to do it. He had no idea about how he would have reacted in the other's presence now that he knew the truth but, when he finally opened the door revealing the prince of Daisies in his armor returning from his guard turn, nothing seemed different from any other day.

When the prince welcomed the knight inside, Hwanwoong found himself wondering how he could have been so foolish not to notice the overwhelming amount of happiness filling his heart every time he even simply looked at the other: Youngjo felt like home.

Youngjo felt like home and that didn't mean the prince of Daisies was back in his castle, it meant the other young man made him feel somewhere he could have been safe and sound. Somewhere he could have let all his emotions flow and all the tension in his muscles disappear. He had missed him. They haven't seen each other just for a few days but Hwanwoong had missed him. He had missed those deep eyes staring at him in awe, those arms wrapped around his body, the other's voice, everything.

"My apologies, my love. I fell asleep while I was waiting..." Youngjo timidly confessed in a whisper. He couldn't believe he had actually fallen asleep despite anticipating their meeting so much. To live up to his father's expectations must had been more tiring than the prince had thought.

Hwanwoong removed his helmet and placed it on the nearest table before bowing respectfully to the other out of habit as if his brain still wanted him to act like a real knight who was just working for the prince of the Kingdom of Roses: "I'm the one who should be apologizing then, Your Majesty-"

"Hwanwoong." The prince interrupted him while he was lightening up another oil lamp. That was really the wrong time for the other to remind him about his title. Youngjo didn't want to hear about it, at least not in that moment. "How many times do I have to tell you..." He moved in front of the other, placing a hand where his armor was protecting his chest. "Call me by my name." He added, letting his fingers fumble with the knight's chain mail to remove the hard components on his chest and back. They were supposed to talk. Youngjo had decided to use this opportunity to tell the other about everything he knew but his body had started moving on his own, performing the exact same ritual they had grew accustomed to since Hwanwoong had become one of his lifeguards.