A Wish

Hello my beautiful people ❤ Another chapter, another amazing fan art created by my incredible friend D! Here's the link to the full, uncensored drawing (sometimes I had to due to Wattpad's rules): https://www.deviantart.com/shineunderthemoon/art/OF-ROSES-AND-DAISIES-FIC-ON-AO3-CHAPTER-10-930873321 Please, always support artists like this

I can't believe we are close to the end of this, I'm so happy for how much support this prequel is receiving, I love you all for every comment, every kudo, every time you took a moment of your lives to read my story, their story. To all the "A Wish Upon The Moon" readers: you're about to get some real feels! ❤

⚠️This story is full of music and ambience videos I carefully chose, that's why you are going to find links scattered here and there from chapter to chapter. Please, click on them when you see them to let me drag you in the best mood for of the scene! ❤

***

In the middle of the night, as the moon was full and bright in the night sky, Hwanwoong opened his eyes. He had been waiting to hear the other prince's breathing even out to make sure he had properly fallen asleep before doing anything.

He slowly slipped out of his lover's embrace to get up from his bed and he quickly wore his armor, trying not to make a single sound. He lit up a lamp for himself and he opened the door of the room.

He turned around one last time to look at the one and only man he had ever loved and he finally let tears roll down his cheeks before closing the door behind his back.

He knew every corner of the castle well enough at that point to avoid each guard along with anyone's undesired eyes and, in less than thirty minutes, he was out of the castle's walls heading to the woods.

A black horse was waiting for him tied to a tree where nobody else would have noticed. He got on its back and he started riding as fast as he could towards his kingdom: the Kingdom of Daisies.

As Hwanwoong's heart kept sinking in his chest, he ordered his horse to ride faster.

***

When Youngjo woke up, his bed was cold. His bed was as cold as he was used to find it on those early Spring days, when the sun was warm during the day but the air became chilly by night.

He slowly opened his eyes and the sunlight of a new day revealed the mess Hwanwoong and him had made out of his royal bedroom the previous night. He already missed him.

Youngjo wasn't surprised. He would have lied if he would have said so, because everything they had done the last time they had made love had truly felt like their last time. He didn't know where Hwanwoong was nor if he would have had the pleasure of meeting him again, but something deep down in his heart was telling him they would have never seen each other one more time.

The prince of the Kingdom of Roses sat up on his bed, the perfume of roses and daisies still lingering in the air reached his nostrils and he was unable to hold back his tears. A day filled with events was awaiting him: the traditional gathering of their army before leaving for the battlefield being the most important one. He let all his sadness and frustration flow out like a river on his cheeks as he brought his candid sheets to his face, inhaling in Hwanwoong's scent along with his own, one and the same.

He loved him. Kim Youngjo, the crown prince of the Kingdom of Roses was hopelessly, madly, unconditionally in love with Yeo Hwanwoong, the crown prince of the Kingdom of Daisies.