Youngjo

TW: Not very detailed but description of panic attack/mentions of death ⚠️

Hello my beautiful people ❤ Another chapter, another amazing fan art created by my incredible friend D! Here's the link to the full, uncensored drawing (sometimes I had to due to Wattpad's rules): https://www.deviantart.com/shineunderthemoon/art/OF-ROSES-AND-DAISIES-FIC-ON-AO3-CHAPTER-6-926019956 Please, always support artists like this

⚠️This story is full of music and ambience videos I carefully chose, that's why you are going to find links scattered here and there from chapter to chapter. Please, click on them when you see them to let me drag you in the best mood for of the scene! ❤

***

From that memorable day they had spent at the Lake of Roses, Hwanwoong had officially become one of the personal guards of the prince. He was still on a trial period therefore he would always spend only a half of the day at Youngjo's side, alternating night and day turns with Gunhak who always looked like a protective dog who mistrusted anybody who would step close to the prince.

Hwanwoong had been keeping his father updated with letters he would secretly send him thanks to one of their invisible messengers. He would tell him about his turns, how many guards there were anywhere, the king of the Kingdom of Roses attitudes and daily activities. He barely wrote about Prince Youngjo, too scared his guilt would have escaped from the ink of his written words and make his father discover what he had been up to. What Hwanwoong had been up to? He had no idea.

He just knew he had been slowly sucked into the spider web that was his relationship with the prince of the Kingdom of Roses like a bug. Hwanwoong would quietly spend his time beside him as his personal guard, exchanging meaningful glances during the day while they would let their naked bodies intertwine under Youngjo's bed sheets in the night, far from anyone's eyes, trying to keep the sounds of their desire quiet to avoid getting caught. The prince of the Kingdom of Daisies felt as if he were living two lives at the same time: the prince in disguise who was perfectly executing his mission and the one of Youngjo's beautiful knight whose life was entirely devoted to him.

He had discovered so much more about Prince Youngjo during his permanence at the royal castle. Youngjo wasn't someone that could be defined either lazy or spoiled. He would wake up every day at the same time as soon as his servants called him. He would wash himself thoughtfully and dress properly refusing to be helped by the court's men as any other prince would have. He would go meet his father for breakfast and he would accomplish his royal duties whether it would have been about listening to people complaining or to solve small conflicts between them. He consumed his lunch, and he would go train with his closest knights and dear friends, sometimes still joined by Hwanwoong who had already admitted himself how much he enjoyed doing that with him. When the sun would start setting, the prince would retire in his studio to take care of other duties, writing letters to allies or solving more important questions, often joined by the court strategist Seoho who helped him.

After dinner, he would usually have a milk bath surrounded by rose petals and he would finally spend some time doing what he loved the most, which could be a lot of things as Hwanwoong had had the pleasure to discover. Youngjo loved painting, reading, taking long walks in the nature or on his black horse's back, he knew how to play more than one musical instrument and he would even write poems he had sometimes read to the knight as well. He was someone so extremely creative and fond of culture, the prince of Daisies couldn't help finding him more fascinating as days passed.