CH 4: Windswept

A/N *** Xiao Jie (Shao Jay) = Miss, Young woman***

___________________________________________________

Mo Yuan's POV

Hesitantly, she stepped out of the shadows, meeting my hand. Her chilled fingers were trembling as I closed mine over hers. I followed every part of her gaze as I passed my spirit's ardor to her, showing her, without words, the trueness in my intent. Her face was a whirlwind of emotion as she felt me flood her feelings. The thrum of her heart eased, and a calmness settled inside her altogether.

As she looked at me light cascaded through her eyes, illuminating the saffron burst at the center of them. Her windswept hair and beauty were striking. The tops of her cheeks were rosed over from the sun, and her eyes, wet with tears, were like pale gems from the depths of the mountain's grotto.

"D-Do you feel this too

"D-Do you feel this too...?" she whispered.

I answered with a smile as I watched her.

How am I so taken by this mortal girl ...Just one glace at her, now that she has awakened, has ensnared me. I have lost my repose. I did not even look away after seeing her so indecent under the sunlight. The shape of her body is nearly fully exposed; the odd items she wears are less than what men wear into the hot spring waters.

I knelt down, grabbed her cloak, and draped it around her - quickly.

I must not forget myself. Even if I believe she is harmless, she still must be taken to the temple and questioned. As the God Of War, I must demand this of her. I sent Ye Hua away from the mountain on a mundane chase, after his seclusion, to give the girl a chance. When he returns, he will surely want answers from her, his way. I cannot stop him in this situation. I can only get them first. I will not let my feelings faulter my duty.

*gurgle-goik-gurgle*

Her eyes widened and her face flushed as one of her hands dropped to cover her stomach.

"You have been asleep for many moons; you must be very hungered. You will follow me to the top of the mountain to my dwellings. Dress yourself quickly"

The girl nodded, smiled softly and gathered her belongings quickly as I turned away from her.

"Do we have far to walk, Sir?" She chirped.

Sir?

"We will not be walking," I said as I turned back towards her. "Place your hand in mine and we shall travel on the wind."

"On...the wind?" her voice was uncertain.

I nodded and outstretched my hand to her once again as a quizzical twist in her wiry brow appeared. She placed her palm in mine and I brought her nearer.

"Close your eyes," I told her as she looked to me with wariness. "Trust me."

Her gentle eyes closed slowly as her hands cupped together over her chest like a child.