CH 5: Eighteenth ?

Prizzy's POV

Lovebirds sang-in the morning as the heavy smell of drying herbs and sweet osmanthus filled the air of the room I was given inside of the apothecary. I stretched long, flung the heavy quilt to the side and quickly made my way to the window where sherbet skies shined through and painted the walls. A heavy blissful sigh left my lips. I knew today would be a beautiful one; I knew I would get to see him again.

 I knew today would be a beautiful one; I knew I would get to see him again

An ivory heap of fabric laid next to pale leather boots on a wooden stool. I picked it up and held it near my frame. The fabric was a heavy woven cotton with a linen-brushed finish. The robe reached clear down to my ankles with slits up the sides. Also on the stool, pull-on loose trousers sat and a sash to cinch it well.

This must be the disciple attire that Si Yin wore.

I set it down and went about the dwelling finding all I needed to freshen up for the day. I brushed my fluffed hair and tied a bit back with a ribbon. I then finished dressing and set out to the entry room where the apothecary was messily filled. The entirety of all the bright open front rooms were filled with dried hanging herbs, flowers and other botanical collections. The aromas were both familiar and exotic to me. I took some time to arrange some of the spilling herbs and items that had fallen off shelves before heading out to the morning.

 I took some time to arrange some of the spilling herbs and items that had fallen off shelves before heading out to the morning

I slid open the entryway to the outside deck and saw a parchment laying on the woodland dining table I sat at last evening. A sketch of a winding line and other markers were drawn.  they began from a drawing of a flower that must be where I am now. The line went all the way to a large building with a funny doodle of a filled bowl. An airy snort escaped as I looked at the adorable map that was left for me. I folded the paper carefully and placed it in my pocket.

 I folded the paper carefully and placed it in my pocket