CH 9: My Undoing

Ye Hua's POV

I brushed the girl's flushed dampened cheek as she slept in the hollow of my arm. My touch traced down her neck, the bow of her shoulder, to the hills of her body. She was covered in leaves, bits of soil and markings from our mating. My cock twitched looking at what I left upon her delicate skin, thinking of the last hours with her. How she opened to me like a flower to the sun. The way I took her over and over, filling her with my seed. Even when her eyes began to flutter closed in exhaustion, I would entrap her once more and take her again.

I placed her wrist into my hand, looking over the plum-colored scuffing from the gripping I had done. I ran my thumb over it softly.

Maybe I was too rough with her...

I eyed her sleeping face then and a warm pang seeped through my chest.

Could I ever fully trust Mo Yuan's words? Could I ever accept her?

I felt a low scoff escape my throat and tighten my jaw.

I dropped her wrist to the ground like a stone and stood to dress. As I began to wrap my robe, I could see faint streaks of blood on my groin and abdomen. A wave of pleasure from being the one to take her maidenhead hit me and shortened my breath.

I suppose she considered this her payment to me. Why else would she run to my arms so pleadingly and beg for forgiveness as she did? I assume since knowing no one was around to protect her from me, this was what she had to offer, and I took it like nothing I had ever taken before.

This was nothing more than that... A deal. A convent I accepted bitterly, yet eagerly.

A loathsome grunt huffed out of my throat, and I turned my back on her. I pulled on my armor. I could feel a tightly knotted grimace in my brow as I finished dressing. I tied the last of my armor in place and my hands fell slack at my sides. I felt my lungs fill with air that calmed the tension in me. With a heavy exhale my head slowly turned, and my eyes trailed to the girl. The beautiful fallen star of the forest. The weakness to my resolve. The pang returned to my chest again as my eyes fell on all of her.

Her: A mortal girl. Nothing more, nothing less.

But.. if she is.. nothing to me, then why...

As if my insides leapt to answer my unfinished question, another warm pang appeared in my chest and staggered my footing. My slow breath blew out over my lips in a shake. The weakness I have for the girl must not become my undoing.

I moved towards her, hovering over her like a phantom, when something white beside her in the grass caught my eye. As I picked it up, intricately carved ivory swung from the tips of my fingers from a twine and a light familiar chime sang from it. They were her bells. I could smell her scent so strongly from them. I held them to my nose and inhaled the jasmine-like creamy floral that was her. It flooded me from within and my cock twitched again.

I bent down and ripped a strip of fabric from her linen robe and folded the necklace within it. I placed it behind my chest plate to keep for myself for reasons I could not explain. I looked over to the girl once more, knelt down and laced my finger through her hair at the nape of her neck.

One last kiss and we are even.

My lips brushed against hers softly and released. I looked over her beauty and took in her warm scent as my thumb followed the line of her jaw to her rosed cheek. With no will at all, I kissed her again. I stood and looked to the sky. It was nearing evening now, and we needed to go.