CH 8: Return To Me

Ye Hua's POV

Ye Hua's POV

Seventeenth stayed kneeled and apprehensive after handing off a message from Mo Yuan. As I read it, it became more and more an irritant to me.

"So, Mo Yuan has chosen to let the girl stay on Kunlun..."  I scoffed and tightened my grip around the scroll.

"Yes, Shifu," the trickster of Kunlun, Seventeenth replied with a pleased grin that he tried to hide from me. "I-I like her very much, Shifu, she's... nice."

"Do not be blinded by the certain -kinship- that only she can show you, Seventeenth." Si Yin's eyes looked up with sudden nervousness at the hidden meaning my words.

"Uh, y-yes, Sh-Shifu... Of course not..." 

They are all foolish...

"You have given yourself colony duty, Seventeenth. Do not return to Kunlun till you eradicate every giant hive. Join your brother disciples in the barrens immediately."

"Yes, Shifu. You can count on me, Shifu," Seventeenth bowed once more and skipped away on happy feet like he was happy to be given such a monotonous task. He stopped just before the entrance.

"We have all missed you, Shifu, truly..." Seventeenth stretched a smile across his pixie face just before trotting away.

I felt the twisting grief I held in my brow fall apart all together. I missed my disciples deeply and I did not want to be away from Kunlun much longer.

A gust of breath blew out the tension in my core and an unruly smile pulled at my lips.

Little Seventeenth, all my disciples, I will return soon..

6 days later

I travelled on the wind, bound for Kunlun Mountain. Nearly all my spiritual power had been drained from the demon realm's aura, slowing my travel and lowering my aerial to the treetops.

I could not even fast travel halfway here...

I felt a heavy dampening at my brow and neck. An uncontrollable shudder I had throughout was my body trying to purify itself.

After I share a first meal with all my disciples, I shall rest for the next several days and replenish my power.

I'd finally reached the western forest, several miles out from Kunlun's temple when a familiar, heady, sweet aroma flooded my mouth with water.

The scent of her lives only in my memories, yet even now I can smell her as if she is right beside me, irritating me further.

I gritted my teeth at this weakness.

If she wants to be learned on the mountain, if she wants to work, I'll have her worked to the bone... In time, who she is and who sent her will be drawn out, even if I have to hold her own blade to her throat in the end, as she did to mine.