Chapter 9

(Darkblade's POV)

Oak: WAAAGH!!!

I shoot the Oak Mega dread then stab my chainsword through another one, the battle sisters were in the command post behind me looking for Captain Titus. We were just going from command post to command post killing Oaks and securing the area but when we received transmission that the Ultramarines were with an Inquisitor and a experimental weapon that the Oaks were after, we booked it to their location.

Izumi: Darkblade, we're with Captain Titus and we have the weapon.

Darkblade: What of the Inquisitor?

Titus: He is dead.

I sighed and shot a few Oaks away with my Melta guns, a rocket hits my Ion shield and I look at the Mega dread that fired it.

Oak: Oi ya bucket of bolts! Ya tink' ya strong huh!?! Well came at me! WAAAGH!!!

The Mega dread runs at me and I rev up my chainsword then ran at the Oak, his buzzsaw clashes with my chainsword I'm surprised he's able to actually push back my chainsword but I knock his buzzsaw away and stab the Mega dread.

Oak: Ugh! I ain't done 'ith ya yet, ya wanker!

He punches my knight with his cannon and I stumble back a bit, he then cuts at my left leg but it wasn't too deep. I groan but continued to fight, I block his buzzsaw with my chainsword then kicked him away he tries getting up but I place my foot on him to keep him down.

Darkblade: But I'm done with you, Oak.

I point my plasma cannon and shot him, the dread goes silent and I leave to see Izumi, Hanasaki and Captain Titus. With them was a... child?

Darkblade: Captain Titus, why is there a child here?

Titus: Well you see... how do I explain this?

As he was finding his words, I looked at the child he had green eyes, black hair and a blue jacket.

The young boy waves his small hand at me and I smile and wave my chainsword at him. Titus finally tells me that the very boy in front of me was the experimental weapon, I look at Izume and Hanasaki they nod their heads conforming that this child was experimented on and turned into a weapon. I kneeled down then climbed out of my Knight, I walk up to the boy and kneeled down in front of him he seemed shy because when I got close to him he tried hiding behind Hanasaki.

Darkblade: Hey there buddy. What's your name?

???: E-expriment SC-43775-AS

I frown then put on a thoughtful expression, I was thinking of a name for him he can't have a name that's meaningless so giving him a proper name will make speaking to him easier.

Darkblade: Arthur.

???: Huh?

Darkblade: Your name is now Arthur... do you like it?

Instead of responding Arthur hugs me in tears, I was a bit shocked but smiled and hugged him. I pat his back then wiped away his tears.

Arthur: N-no one has e-ever given me a name.

Darkblade: Well now you have one, let's head back to the manufactorium.