𝗧𝗛𝗥𝗘𝗘. 𝗜𝗧'𝗟𝗟 𝗕𝗘 𝗢𝗡𝗟𝗬 𝗨𝗦

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗛𝗥𝗘𝗘: 𝗜𝗧'𝗟𝗟 𝗕𝗘 𝗢𝗡𝗟𝗬 𝗨𝗦

     CLOTHES were thrown around Sophie's room at Averman's house as she tried to figure out what to wear to the press conference. It was the day that Eden Hall was announcing to the public that the Ducks were receiving full ride scholarships to the prestigious school and Sophie wanted to ensure that she looked amazing. Dean sat against the wall on the bed, sketching something that he refused to let Sophie see.

"Alright which do you like better?" Sophie asked as she held up two different things. "Option one, the skirt or option two, the dress."

Dean looked up from his sketch book, his eyes flickering between the two choices.

"The skirt," he said simply before going back to what he was doing.

Sophie rolled her eyes as she tossed the skirt onto her bed. She put the dress back on the hanger and put it back in the closet. When she began to walk back across the room, Dean set his sketch book down and pulled her onto the bed with him. The two laughed as they fell over, Sophie's head resting on Dean's chest.

"I can't wait for this press thing to be over so we can go out," Dean smiled as he pressed a kiss to Sophie's forehead. "Why can't they just do this thing without us?"

"Dean, we're a part of the team. We have to be there," Sophie said as she looked up at him. "But afterwards, it'll be only us."

"Promise?" Dean held out his pinky finger.

"Promise," Sophie said as she linked their pinkies. "Now I need to change and finish getting ready."

"Not yet," Dean said as he rolled them over, so Sophie was closer to the wall. "I just want to lay here with you for a few minutes."

Sophie rolled her eyes with a smile before giving in and leaning more into Dean. She had a good feeling about the day and wanted to spend as much time with Dean as possible. She knew that between school, practice, and homework they wouldn't have as much time to spend together as they would want. It would be different then when they were in LA for the Junior Goodwill Games.

Back then they didn't have to go to school for eight hours a day before going to practice and then doing homework. They only had a few hours tops of tutoring with Miss McKay and occasionally practice and a lot of games. They mainly had down time to spend together but they wouldn't have that this year.

"Can you believe it's our anniversary?" Dean asked as he ran his hands up and down Sophie's back. "We've been together for a full year."

"It feels unreal to be honest. Most of the time we weren't even in the same state, but we managed to make it work. I wouldn't trade this past year with you for anything," Sophie smiled as she traced her fingers in the shape of stars around the small scar on Dean's arm.

Dean was panicking slightly internally. He had been trying to figure out when the perfect time to tell her exactly how he felt for weeks. He had realized two months prior that he loved the girl but knew that wasn't something he could say for the first time over the phone. He also wasn't sure if she was ready for that step yet and didn't want to push her if she wasn't ready for those three words quite yet.

"I love you Soph," the boy said as he tucked a few strands of hair behind the girl's ear.

Sophie felt her face heat up as she tilted her head to see Dean. He was already looking down at her. He smiled at her even though on the inside he was screaming. He wasn't sure how she would respond but took the small smile that was growing across the girl's face as a good sign.