𝗡𝗜𝗡𝗘. 𝗛𝗔𝗩𝗘 𝗔 𝗡𝗜𝗖𝗘 𝗟𝗜𝗙𝗘

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗡𝗜𝗡𝗘: 𝗛𝗔𝗩𝗘 𝗔 𝗡𝗜𝗖𝗘 𝗟𝗜𝗙𝗘

     WALKING into music class the next day was a relief for Sophie until she saw Scooter walking in as well and remembered she never called him the night before. She wrote his number down on a slip of paper on her desk before she washed her arm off and got to work on the last of her homework.

She did however find herself dialing Dean's number just to see if he would answer. When he did answer though, she panicked and hung up after he said hello. She then proceeded to spend an entire hour debating whether or not to open the unopened anniversary gift that was shoved in the back of her side of her and Julie's shared closet. In the end she didn't open it, too anxious about having to go through all the sadness she went through the day they broke up.

When Scooter sat down next to the girl and raised an eyebrow at her already facing him, she began to apologize.

"I'm so sorry. I was going to call but then I got distracted with homework."

Scooter shrugged as he turned in his seat to face her as well.

"Don't stress it. We still good to hang out today?"

"Yeah of course," Sophie nodded. "What did you have in mind?"

"We can just hang out in your dorm if you want," Scooter suggested with a grin. "We can do whatever you want to do."

Sophie smiled at him before facing the front of the room as their teacher began talking. Throughout the class period, Scooter would pass the girl littles notes that made her smile. She would write responses back to him and he would try not to laugh at them. When the bell rang and the class was dismissed, Sophie walked with Scooter and Adam to the cafeteria. The girl left the pair as she saw the other varsity boys waving the pair of boys over.

Sophie made her way to where she saw her brother, Russ and Charlie walking into the room. Russ and Fulton greeted the girl but Charlie ignored her presence causing her to frown. Russ took notice of this and tapped her on the arm to get her attention.

"Ignore him," the boy whispered to her. "He'll come around. They all will."

Sophie gave Russ a tight-lipped smile before turning her attention forward once again. She saw Kenny being stopped by the varsity boys causing her to tap her brother's shoulder. When he looked toward her, she nodded forward to where she was looking. Rick and Cole stole the boy's lunch and began going through it before shoving the boy away from the table, leaving him with nothing.

"I could maim that big goon," Fulton said, his sister agreeing as she glared at them from across the hall. "But with Portman here, the three of us could take them all."

"They want lunch," Charlie said as he looked down at his paper lunch bag. "We'll give 'em lunch."

"You three have fun with that," Sophie said as she patted her brother's back. "I'll be getting Kenny something to eat."

The three left, Charlie rolling his eyes at Sophie not joining them. She rolled her own eyes at his attitude before walking to the lunch line. She made sure to grab a few extra things for Kenny, now knowing why he didn't have lunch the day before. As she approached the table the Ducks were sitting at, she pulled the chair out from the spot between Kenny and Guy.

She pushed her tray toward Kenny as she picked up the apple and turned to talk to Guy who had asked her about something in his math class. She looked down at the notebook he had been staring at for a few minutes, using his pencil to point at what he had been misunderstanding. He nodded along as he listened to her explanation.