𝗧𝗪𝗘𝗟𝗩𝗘. 𝗖𝗔𝗡 𝗜 𝗕𝗘 𝗛𝗢𝗡𝗘𝗦𝗧

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗪𝗘𝗟𝗩𝗘: 𝗖𝗔𝗡 𝗜 𝗕𝗘 𝗛𝗢𝗡𝗘𝗦𝗧

     SAYING Sophie was shocked when Charlie asked her for help on homework at lunch would be an understatement. She knew he wasn't the type to ask for help especially from her as of recently but she would do anything to get him to stop being mad at her. She just wanted their old friendship back. She missed when they worked as a pair to benefit the team. If helping the boy with homework was what it took then so be it.

The pair were walking to her dorm together and just as they got to the door, the girl from Sophie's first period called out for her. She gave Charlie the keys to her dorm and told him to go on in while she talked to the girl, she had learned was named Ellie. Charlie unlocked the door and went in, noticing the girls' answering machine had a message on it. Curiously he walked over and listened to the message.

Meanwhile Sophie and Ellie were standing a few yards away from the hockey players door and discussing the assignments they were assigned in their two shared classes. Ellie hadn't been paying attention when both assignments were being discussed in class, too busy writing a note to pass back to Sophie. They realized after Sophie gave her the instructions that they were on the same floor, just four rooms away from each other. They parted ways after a few minutes of talking, Sophie walking into her dorm to see Charlie sitting at her desk, his textbook for math already on the desk.

She spent almost the entire period of time between getting to her dorm and having to leave for practice helping Charlie with his math and history homework. Math seemed to come easier to him than history so Sophie focused on helping him understand what he was supposed to be learning and ways to help him remember it. Several minutes before they needed to leave for practice, Charlie left to put his school things away.

Sophie stared at the phone, wondering what Dean was doing at the moment. She questioned whether he was thinking about her. She grabbed her bag for practice as she tried to shake the thoughts of the Portman boy from her mind. As she walked to the rink, she couldn't get him out of her mind.

"What're you thinking about?" Connie's voice cut into the girl's thoughts causing her to turn and look at the girl and Guy who were walking toward her.

"Can I be honest?" Sophie asked as she began to walk in step with the couple who nodded. "Dean."

Connie, who was in between her boyfriend and Sophie, wrapped her arm around Sophie's back and pulled her close. Sophie wrapped her arm around the girl's shoulders, sighing softly as she looked down to her feet.

"I just miss him, you know? Like I know we didn't see each other for most of the year we were together but I was so used to just always having him around. At least in the sense that I could call him and he'd always be there," Sophie shrugged sadly as she kicked a pebble in front of her feet. "I just wish he'd stayed. I miss being able to talk to him about anything."

Guy looked over at her with a frown and moved to stand on the other side of the girl, wrapping his arm around her shoulder. Sophie's arm went around the boy's back as she smiled sadly at her two friends.

"I just hope he's doing alright. I wish there was a way that I could make sure he was doing well."

Connie nodded along for a moment before her head shot up as she came up with an idea. She explained it to the girl and the pair along with Julie sat in their dorm after practice. The three were huddled together on Julie's bed, the phone in the blonde's lap. Sophie dialed Dean's number before passing the phone to the other two who held it between their ears as they waited for an answer. When Dean's hopeful voice came through the speaker, Sophie felt like she might pass out.