𝗧𝗪𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗬-𝗢𝗡𝗘. 𝗬𝗢𝗨'𝗥𝗘 𝗦𝗖𝗔𝗥𝗜𝗡𝗚 𝗠𝗘

CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE: YOU'RE SCARING ME

     RICK Riley being silent had never really scared Sophie before.

However.

Seeing the boy sitting on the edge of her bed, staring up at her as he remained dead silent terrified the girl. She kept her eyes on him, briefly looking over at Adam who looked just as nervous as she did. She had yet to show him the proof she had, the older boy sinking back into his spot on her bed after he had heard the news of his girlfriend cheating on him.

"Rick," Sophie spoke quietly as she stepped toward him hesitantly. "Please say something. You're scaring me."

"How do you know?" He spoke oddly calmly.

It only unsettled the girl even more.

All she did was pass him the polaroids as she turned on the camcorder, going back to the video before passing it to Rick as well. Adam craned his neck to see the photos and camcorder in Rick's hands, his eyes widening at the amount of proof that the Reed girl had collected.

"I also saw them leave a supply closet together one day at the beginning of lunch," Sophie added as she scratched the back of her neck. "Rick, say something."

"Let's go," he said as he set the items in his hands on the bed.

He stood up and grabbed his backpack that he had left by the door, opening the door and taking a step out. He turned back around to see that neither of the other two had moved from their spots, instead just stared back at him. He repeated himself, harsher this time around which made Sophie jump before she and Adam followed after him.