Defeating Darkseid

Metropolis No POV

Luthor flew down and let the monorail down gently as Batman explained everything to Luthor. Of what he missed at least.

Lex: what? Is that why Darkseid took my Rookie?

Batman: your Rookie has the last piece of the Anti-Life Equation.

Catwoman: if Darkseid gets the Equation, it's lights out for the entire universe.

Superman:<flies over> not bad, Luthor. I couldn't have done better myself.

Lex: well, while you were away, someone had to step in and take charge. I was on the brink of ridding this world of all criminals...

Joker:<walks over with Harley, Riddler, Penguin and Black Manta> ahem. Yes, about that...

Lex: but who here can say if they had been in my place, they wouldn't have done the same?

Batman and Superman raised their hands.

Lex: not you. Them.

Joker: yes, I suppose.

Harley: yeah.

Catwoman: he's got a point.

Lex: if Darkseid is back on Apokolips, I can use the Boom Tube generator at LexCorp to get us up there.

Batman: that would bypass most of their security. You think you can do that?

Lex: I'm Lex Luthor... of course I can. We must act quickly and recover the Rookie. Sending Apokolips back won't do much good if Darkseid completes his Anti-Life Equation.

Superman: true. I just hope we can reach them in time.

Luther and Superman flew back to LexCorp where the team was waiting. The ones going were Wonder Woman, Black Adam, Flash, Cheetah, Green Lantern, Joker, Batman, Killer Frost, Harley Quinn, Cyborg, Captain Cold, Gorilla Grodd, Reverse Flash, Superman, Sinestro and Luthor.

Batman: okay, now what?

Lex:<holding the Boom Tube device> I can use this to reverse the energy and send Apokolips back... but only once we have the Rookie.

Superman: Lex, I never knew you cared...

Batman: we'll need to act quickly before Darkseid gets what he wants.

Lex: we should split up. No point in all of us looking in the same place.

Joker: first one to find the Rookie, gets a cookie!

Lex:<laughs like a supervillain> ah sorry. Force of habit.

Lex activated the device sending them all in groups through three Boom Tubes. Joker, Lantern, Lex, and Frost arrived at the room where Wade was.

Frost: looks like we've found 'em.

They see Wade trapped in an energy cell with a cup with a straw as Darkseid walked around him.

Joker; heh hey, we win the cookie!

Lex: Rookie!

Desaad: soon we will have extracted the last element of the Equation, my lord.

Some Parademons scared Wade for fun and this made Killer Frost growl in anger.

Darkseid: excellent! Then untold power will belong to me!

The whole place started shacking.

Desaad: the Earthlings are attacking!

Darkseid: let them come, none can stop me!